Cracked button caps on PBM

A few days after I received my Podium Button Module Endurance, I noticed that one of the button caps had cracked,

I contacted support and got a quick response and they sent me a new button cap, but today I discovered a crack in another of the button caps and as I look closer there are four that have cracked now

Has anyone else experienced this ??

Comments

• mine are ok

• probably used as a demo at some point.

• Mine are no longer ok - one completely split and disappeared - think it has been vacuumed up in my lockdown cleaning frenzy. Another just cracked in two and fell in my lap. I guess I need to add to supports workload to try to get replacements.

• Contact support and they will send you new ones, I had to send them the broken ones for "examination" and when the new ones broke I had to send the BME in for examination, but they have not found anything wrong with it and the problem is still under investigation

But it is now a known problem so they should send you new ones without you having to send anything for examination

• Yes, did that when I posted; they are sending replacements but I strongly suspect that the same thing will happen again. They want the cracked buttons returned for examination which I am happy to do. I had hoped that they would instead send the new button cap set which don't seem to be prone to cracking - I was happy to pay for these if they covered the shipping (they are shipping replacements anyway) but they were not willing to do so. As a result I fear there will be a continuous cycle of replacements!

• Pre ordered the Porsche GT3 wheel with the BME when it was first announced, so one of the earliest shipped. Haven't used it much but just noticed that it has a number of the buttons cracking. Contacted customer support and they want to charge me $10 for new buttons and $20 to have them shipped! So they expect their customers to foot the bill for poor quality and a known issue. I can understand it being out of warranty if it wasn't for the fact that it was a known poor quality issue to start with. On top of that they start the warranty period at the time of order even though they ship out the wheels months later. I won't be buying any more Fanatec products that's for sure.

• edited February 2022

My F1 rim was send to RMA (also for a plastics issue), and I start using the Porsch GT3 Endurance that I own from some months ago. My surprise is that 4 buttons that I don't use are cracked. I opened a ticket, but I'm afraid that the replacement are the same material and will crack out of warrantie. Does anyone know if with the replacements parts the problem is solved?

• Replacements are the same, also crack, fall off and get vacuumed up never to be seen again.

• edited February 2022

I gave up on the original button caps and 3D printed new ones instead, I have used them for almost two years now without any problems (I guess I am better at this than Fanatec ;)