Fanatec Porsche Carrera Wheel - WRC8 - no Force Feedback

I own a Porsche Carrera Wheel and with the latest WRC8 Force feedback is not working at all (although it has my wheel in the supported wheel list). Everything else works fine. All other installed racing games work ok (WRC7, GRID 2019, F1 2018, Forza Motorsport 7 to name a few). I have installed driver v115 on a windows 10 x64 build 1909 machine and all the updates for WRC8.

Recently I made a test, downloading the Button_Module_Endurance_Software_Package_v1_1 which had Fanatec_driver_353 inside and I decided to test it. To my surprise Force Feedback was back for WRC 8, although it remapped all buttons and the wheel was now jumping all over the place making driving difficult but possible. All other games lost calibration and by loading the defaults it was impossible to drive any more.

Is there any fix for this, or any other driver I can try?

Thanks

Comments

• Ideally you would find out what Fanatec driver version the devs of WRC8 have used to develop their game.

• Yes, but how would I do that?

• Doesn't the game have a support forum?

• Lots of them! The problem is also mentioned there in several separate topics, but there is no relevant answer.

• edited January 2020

Reading from the top on this thread, I realized there is some information missing for someone who reads it for the first time.

Last version of the official driver for Fanatec Porsche Carrera Wheel is v115. No other drivers exist to the best of my knowledge for this type of wheel.

Newer Fanatec wheel driver versions do exist, but the specific wheel is not mentioned as "supported" wheel.

However, I installed driver version v353 and tested it with my Porsche Carrera Wheel. The wheel reacts to the games with stronger than usual movements (imagine accented right and left movements without reason) making driving impossible for other installed games (except WRC8).

In WRC8 the movements are still strong, but they do have some sense of driving iq better than that of the other installed games.

Having no other alternative, I will install driver v353 for use with only WRC8 after finishing my other installed games and revert back to v115 when I finish WRC8.

• Finally got it to work! I used diver version v312 and with a little tweaking now every game works correctly and actually FF effects were richer in GRID 2019 than the older v119 driver I had. WRC 8 finally works with FF effects now. The thing is that the v312 driver was not meant to support my old Fanatec Porsche Carrera 911 wheel, since it is unsupported for many years now.