Clubsport Steering Wheel Porsche 911 GT3 R + Xbox One

Hi Everyone,

I am eagerly awaiting the firmware update to enable my new steering wheel to work with the CSW v2.5 but thought I would ask for thoughts and feedback from people who are actually using the new PBME with either a DD1 or DD2 on the XBOX.

Would love to hear back with any information to get me through my yearning desire to one day use it myself.

Comments

• I use exactly the combo you have described (Porsche 911 GT3 R with P-BME and APM on DD1 using UHX on Xbox One).

Unfortunately the latest beta driver (which you need for the P-BME) include a few bugs which make it impossibel to use this combination for some games (like Forza Motorsport 7, Assetto Corsa). The dev team is aware about this issues and will try to fix it. However, as long as these problems are still present, I would NOT recommend to use this combination on Xbox.

• Sorry to hear that Michael.

It sounds like all XBOX users are suffering. Hopefully we don’t have to wait too much longer for a software update.

• Remember that ITM on PBME requires Fanalabs running in the background so until Microsoft allows that on the xbox (if ever) you will not get full functionality - no lap times, are pressures etc - only speed and gear like any other wheel.

• Fanatec have made it clear that the PBME is limited on this generation of XBOX but fingers crossed the PBME’s full potential will be unleashed with the next gen coming out end of year.

• I think that is unlikely but not impossible. I certainly wouldn't buy on the assumption that this will happen.

• ITM would be nice, but at the moment I am more interested that the P-BME will gererally work on Xbox (which is currently NOT the case). Forza Motorsport and Assetto Corsa are the most important racing titles on Xbox and both are not compatible with the P-BME (which is really disappointing). I hope Fanatec will solve these issues soon. I have spent EUR 550,- for a toy which I can not use at all since weeks :(

• Its scary to think that Fanatec have released the PBME with no working firmware and promising us that it will work on the XBOX with a DD1, DD2 or CSW v2.5 eventually. What I don't understand is how they can come to that conclusion without having any working beta version.

Please explain?

• I bought the PBME and another Porsche wheel to use it on my Universal Hub Xbox and then with the CSW 2.5

Everything updated, etc... but the wheel will not respond when using on Xbox?

when I hook up the McClaren Wheel, it works fine.

please advise...?

for the record, I own a lot of Fanatec stuff and wheels on the dd1 works fine along with the PBME, etc... but this is on PC.