CSW 2.5 Driver Issue / question

Hey guys! So I’ve got a CSW 2.5 that I picked up off someone locally, And it’s been incredible, but I do have an issue. Every time I open the fanatec game controllers app it notifies me that I’m not on the latest driver for the base, and if I click update, it crashes and just says not responding.

I’ve also experienced a bit of a grainy feel to the base and it was only really noticeable last night. I simply turned it off, and then turned it back on and the issue went away and I also noticed that rebooting it finally got the fans to kick on. Off the top of my head I can’t remember what driver I’m on, but can somebody give me a definitive answer as to what driver fully supports the CSW 2.5 with no issues whatsoever? Would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!!

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited February 2020

What Firmware/Driver version are you running? you can try updating to the latest driver package v356. I would remove any wheel connected to the base and try running the firmware updater then.

• I’ll have to check the version. When I do click update, it locks up the fanatec controllers app. If I try to use the repair driver utility it gives me an error stating it failed to update / repair. So having said that... it sounds like I need to just wipe it clean and start from scratch.

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

Try removing any attached wheel and run the updater to see if that works.