DD1/DD2 and Podium vs Clubsport

Can anyone tell me is there any performance difference between Podium Steering Wheel Porsche 911 GT3 R and ClubSport Steering Wheel Porsche 911 GT3 R with the DD1 or DD2 bases when used on PC since one uses the ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub and the other uses the Podium Hub or would they feel, react and perform identically. This question refers to the steering wheels with different hubs on the same base being the DD platform.

Comments

• The difference is the Podium Advance Paddle Module is included in the Podium version. This does function differently to simple paddle shifters including in ClubsSport model.

Podium version doesn’t have the Xbox chip so won’t work with it.

Details of APM here https://fanatec.com/eu-en/shifters-others/podium-advanced-paddle-module

• besides the paddles, do you know if there is any difference in wheel feel and performance like latency etc.

• I don’t know the answer to that! If you ever want to use the APM then I’d go for Podium Hub based device. APM doesn’t quite fit on Universal Hub.

Podium Hub is a new design and Fanatec do state that it has a dedicated Arm processor with low latency. The Universal Hub does so too but I haven’t found any details of what it actually is.

If you want to future proof I’d suggest go for the Podium Option. It’s capable of better display using the Data-C port. It is a more modular and capable design.

SRG has a review of Universal Hub https://youtu.be/uj6vVGnW66k

• No, other than the paddles the wheels will act identically.

• I had the ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 with the Forza Motorsport wheel, and have sold that and am replacing with the DD1 but would like to have the xbox compatibility but not at the expense of performance.

• Then your best bet is to go universal hub and add the APM. That way you get xbox compatibility and don't have to put up with the lower performing universal hub standard paddles. I bought the Classic 2 wheel on the universal hub (as you can't add a funky switch on the podium version as the endurance button box won't fit) and upgraded the paddles - best of both worlds.

In a more sensible world Fanatec would offer more button options for the podium hub but until they do it only makes sense with the PBME.