V3 Pedals Damper Kit

I have had the damper kit attached to the Throttle on my V3 pedals for a couple of months now, but recently I have noticed a loss in the damping effect and now the effect is almost zero and adjusting the damper makes no difference. I presume the fluid used in the damper has leaked or evaporated over time. Is there any way to easily refill the damper and if so what should I be using?

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

Have you checked to see if the adjustment knob at the back is at 0 or a low setting?

• I had one fail internally due to poor brass which part was machined from. Severe pitting of the brass itself. Fanatec to me doesn't want to replace their defective product from what I have seen EVER !!!!!!

Seems you need to jump through hoops to get anything repaired or replaced from what I have read on some forums.

I understand that the product is out of the very short warranty period but this is clearly a materials defect and was going to fracture anyway yet they don't care once they have your money I'm sorry to say.

The whole issue turned me off completely with fanatec and will be selling all of it to buy from another company who puts customers ahead of large profits. Sorry to ramble but I sure would like to see if yours has a similar problem.

• I have set the adjustment knob to all levels and there is no change in the resistance of the damper kit

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

I would then suggest contacting the support team.