Podium GT wheel R300 w/ Button Cluster problem

I have just finished putting together my Podium GT wheel R300 with the button cluser.  You must use 4 washers for the holes WITHOUT the BCP, however when you do this, the Button clusters now slide freely, and you can't possibly tighten the screws tight enough to make them stop... Which obviously renders the wheel useless...

Help?

Thank you,
Drake

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited October 2019
    Is this with the Podium Hub?
  • Is this with the Podium Hub?
    Yes
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    The 4 washers/screws are placed in the bottom 3 and top middle holes with the Button cluster top left/right holes on the correct sides (arm to the inside)? I just verified my friends and its on pretty solid. 
  • The 4 washers/screws are placed in the bottom 3 and top middle holes with the Button cluster top left/right holes on the correct sides (arm to the inside)? I just verified my friends and its on pretty solid. 
    That is correct on how we have it set up, however they slide around freely.
  • I had one cluster slide freely and one was snug. I ended up wrapping the one that slid with electrical tape before screwing it down and that held it pretty well. 
  • I had the same problem, but found an easy solution installing some double sided tape on the back of the wheel itself.
  • Jim LeeJim Lee Member
    edited November 2019

I had the same problem, turned out supplied washers were .001-002" thicker that button cluster arms (mfr tolerance?) 😒. Anyway, I simply filed down the washers on a large flat blade metal file. Works just fine now (cannot see shiny-filed side anyway, hidden behind wheel).😉

• I´ve exactly the same issue with the Porsche wheel + podium hub + buttons.

That is INTOLERABLE I am in brink to ship all the above back.

• S PiperS Piper Member

I just ran in to the same issue. This thread is from October and its May 2020 and Fanatec is shipping the wrong $.50 washers. This is ridiculous.

$500 for a wheel and you get buttons that flop around.

• Same problem here, paid $500 for this since it was the only non-Formula wheel in stock. Considering returning and trying out the $250 Formula wheel. Anybody have good luck with that thing? Or should I try my luck with support?

• Ugh... Same thing here. Did support manage to fix any of these issues for you?