iRacing - Fanalab Understreer gray

Hi All, I've just got myself the DD1 package with the Formula V2 wheel. I was really looking forward to using the wheel vibration motors for understeer. But to my surprise they are greyed out in Fanalab as soon as iRacing loads.

Running - 352 with Fanalab 1.23

Does iRacing not support this (due to missing telemetry), or am I doing anything wrong?

Thanks for any assistance :-)

Comments

• When you hover with the mouse over the greyed out vibration then it will tell you that this feature is not supported by the game.

iRacing blocks all kind of telemetry output to prevent cheating so it is not possible for FanaLab to do much in this game and most of the features are greyed out.

• Thanks Maurice, bit of a shame, but since testing this DD1 I can feel the understeer a lot better than on my old V2.5

• I know this is an old post but I figured I'd ask here. I've had a DD1 for almost two years now and I have zero feel for understeer in iRacing. The FFB loads up but then just holds from there no matter how bad the front end is sliding across the pavement.

I've tried literally everything possible in Fanalab to isolate and bring out that tipping point feel as the front tires start slipping. This always annoyed me but it's at a point now where my driving is good enough that I believe this lack of front end feel is holding back my lap times and consistency.

Can anyone help me out with fixing this? I don't have any issues getting understeer feel in other racing games. Just an iRacing thing.

• Turn off all filters and see if you can feel it. Then re-apply whatever you like until it disappears again.