CSL Elite Wheel stays not centered

Hi,

my Wheel goes off the center by +5 to +15 degress by its own, no matter if its on or off.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGUy0323d8k

Is this normal behaviour?

Regards

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

Have you done the wheel center calibration in the Fanatec driver under settings?

• yes, wheel is calibrated correct.

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

Can you update the Driver/Firmware to 356 and see if that helps? If not you should contact support.

• Is not 356 for Podium Bases ONLY?! Currenty installed version is 347. No improvement.

• I had same issues could never figure it out

• It's possible that the position sensor of the wheel base is faulty. You'll have to contact Fanatec Support for that.

• Hey! Sorry for the wait if you are still experiencing this issue. I had the same problem myself and have found the tedious, but the correct answer for my wheelbase. When in the up to date Fanatec drivers you should see the wheel calibration setting. You will need to use this but before you do so use your quick release spring to remove the wheel. I'm not sure if this is because the wheel is slightly weighted more on one side or what. But doing this, then doing the calibration allowed the base sensors to realize what dead center was. You may need to do this multiple times depending on when you turn your wheel off, and taking the wheel off continuously is annoying for sure but, it adds that sense of realism while racing that may have been absent. Hopefully, this solved your problem if still existing and sorry for the late response. Thanks.