DD2 and DD1 Dimensions & Differences

Hello,

Looking at upgrading from the V2.5 to a Podium DD1 or DD2

From what I have read they are identical in size and the only difference is 5 nM of force and the jackets use different materials for presentation ? Are these the only differences ?

Like the title says I am also looking for the dimensions of the DD2 & DD1 so I can determine what I would need to alter on my homemade rig to accommodate one of these wheel bases

The product page only has the dimensions of the package ? I can see where that is useful but the actual product is either not there or I have not been able to find it ?

Any help appreciated

Thank you

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited April 2020

Also the Standard 5yr warranty vs 3yr on the DD1. You can also find the dimensions on the drilling template under downloads on the product page.

• edited April 2020

As Joseph said, the dimensions are available in the drilling template.

For the differences DD1 vs DD2, DD2 has the following advantages:

• 5Nm more Holding Torque
    • 5Nm more Peak Torque
    • Different Electronics
    • Faster acceleration
    • Carbon Fiber side and top plates
    • Killswitch included
    • 2 years more warranty
  • Thanks for the response

After doing a ton of research on these wheel bases I am leaning heavily towards the DD2 over the Simucube 2 Pro

Both are compelling products and believe either would be a great solution, however the Simucube does not support the Microsoft Forza

Motorsports titles and after discussing with a guy over at Simucube they have no plans to attain compatibility with those titles ? That is a

tough pill to swallow as I play every week with friends. While I admit they are not real seriouse sim titles they are just fun to play. I can't wrap

head around why they would not want to support these titles and does not seem to make sense from a business model perspective ?

That along with it supports the RSR 918 wheel I already have and has no wires ids a nice touch

Just hope I can get a good solid connection to the quick release. Mix stories saying ot is not a proble and other syaing it is a huge problem ?

So thinking I am rolling with the DD2 system