CSW v2.5 Resetting Mid-Game

I have a CSW v2.5 wheel base and a new Formula V2 wheel. I have been experimenting with both the 347 and 356 drivers and I'm getting the same issue with both: the wheelbase just resets in the middle of a game, goes back through the startup sequence, then then comes back to life. With the 356 drivers I also had some strange occurrences where the wheel would just start randomly giving input, like all the buttons were being pressed at once.

Previously I was using a Forza Motorsport wheel with universal hub on older drivers and never had the resetting issue.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Here's the current setup:

PC Driver: 346

WB FW: 669

SW FW: 28

Fanalab: 1.12

Game: F1 2019

Comments

• You say you've been experimenting with the two drivers. Are you completely removing the driver before installing another one?

• Also, just a thought, but maybe try it without Fanalab running (or maybe even remove it) and see if that does anything.

• @James - I am using the uninstall utility. Is there a better way to completely remove the drivers? I did have the same issue without Fanalab running, so I don't think that's it.

• Does the reset happen when you have turned the wheel over a particular angle and/or in a particular direction?

Did you disable USB power saving in Windows (you should)?

• You know, I'm not sure. I'm always so caught off guard by it, but I'll pay attention for next time. If so, what does that suggest in terms of problem source?

I'll also disable USB power savings and see if that helps.

Thank you.

• edited April 2020

If the wheel reset happens always at a certain rotation angle, it may indicate a problem with the motor in the wheel base and then you'll need to contact Fanatec Support.

Hopefully it's just the USB power saving 🙂