BMW GT2, Porsche rim and the technology as today

Rinus HuismanRinus Huisman Member
edited April 2020 in Steering Wheels

Dear Fanatec / Reader,

I was wondering about something. Lets say I want to buy the BMW GT2 rim. Are the hardware of that rim the same as in 2012? Or are they up to date with current technology? Same for issues like the lots of play the rim has during release and after. Are the teething issues solved?

I was wondering about this because it would be strange from my point of view to pay 300 euro for outdated technology or a rim with still having teething issues after years.. Would love to know.

Thank you for reading and I hope for an answer.

Yours,

Rinus

Comments

• Rinus HuismanRinus Huisman Member
    edited April 2020

Bought a used BMW rim. The paddles are the worst ever. No resistance, no tension, no click, etc. However, I detached them because I do not need paddles with a round rim. Have my Formula V1 for that. Perhaps will mod my F1 will real magnetic shifters. Not the printed one, because you still use the spring inside. (Which will snap someday)

Anyway. BMW rim is topnotch. Great leather. Even do not have to use gloves. The leds and the display are lovely too. Great light rim. 400 is a bit steep but 280-330ish seems fair. With magnetic or 'clicking' paddles it would be a better wheel, imho.

• Oh did I wrote BMW? Guess I was sleepy. I have the Porsche 😅

• Yeah. Thank you. It's lovely. Light. Leather is lovely during summer because I do not have to wear gloves. Easy to clean too. The paddles are the worst, but as above I detached them. Too bad I can't dim the leds during night a bit. Think Fanalab can, but I hate to run 1000's programs, hehe. Anyway. Good stuff. Hopefully Fanatec will create some new revisions with better paddles and some new technology. And sell the old stuff. It's time for some new innovations/ideas/revisions. Evolving and keeping your customers amazed is good.