Fanalab needed?

My Fanatec CLS bass, Wheel and Peddles arrive tomorrow. Do you have to use Fanalab to update firmware and drivers? Is there a stable version of Fanalabs as I see people are having problems with beta 1.23. I realize it is beta.

Thanks

Ralph

Comments

• Psql .Psql . Member

Fanalab does nothing with firmware and drivers and is also not needed to update drivers or firmware. All the firmware functionality is within the drivers so only drivers are required.

You can use Fanalabs but not needed. Also for CSL base your best bet is the older version v1.12 in combination with driver v347. Newer version of Fanalab and drivers are mostly for Podium base users. Keep in mind it are still beta’s which can have beta problems. Also functionality for the CSL base is still limited to mostly controlling the leds of your base and/or wheel and for the games Fanalabs knows.

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

The differences between 328 to 347 would depend on the wheel and base you are using. There have been many fixes, added features and optimizations since 328. Best bet is to browse the driver threads for the changes to your specific setup.