DD1 stopped working mid race in iRacing. How are you suppose to race seriously with this product?

I was just racing third in a F3 sprint iRacing series, and mid race the wheel just stops working in a breaking zone. No force feedback and wheel display goes black. Only solution was to pull the power cord and restart the wheel base.

This happened at least three times on the original firmware it was on (don't remeber which one, it's a jungle), but now it seems like its back.

How are you suppose to race seriously or do anything with a product like that?

Why can't you get your act together and release a finished product, or at least release a functional firmware half a year after the product itself was released?

I regret ever buying into the Fanatec franchise, and now I feel locked in. =(

Rant over...

PC driver: 361

WB FW: 672

SW FW: 11

PHUB FW: 2

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Christian,

What you are describing is highly unusual behaviour. This is not how the product is supposed to work, and I'm sorry to hear that you have not had a good experience so far. The beta driver 361 was removed from the forum due to claims of instability, so I suggest that you go back to 356. However the issue you're describing sounds like it could be hardware related.

Please open a support ticket through your Fanatec account, and the team will help you with this. We will ensure that you have a DD1 that works as intended.

Because this is an issue that must be addressed by Fanatec Support, I am closing this thread.

Dom

[Fanatec Community Manager]

This discussion has been closed.