Porsche 918 RSR upshift issues

Anyone has upshift issues with the 918 wheel?

Sometimes it won't upshift unless I go off throttle or downshift once. I have to exit the game and that usually fixes it. I'm active in iRacing so I can't say if this is an isolated game issue since I don't play other titles enough to replicated.

Hardware: DD1 w/ Porsche 918 RSR

Driver: v356

Wheel base firmware: 670

Motor firmware: 38

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

Can you open the driver window and verify the inputs are correctly registering for each button press? Do you have "Auto Blip" enabled in iRacing?

• I don't use auto blip and I'll have to verify the button inputs when I'm having the same issues again. I've done 3 races since then with no shifting issues so it comes and goes.

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

Let me know when you get a chance to verify the inputs in the driver. Also keep in mind there is downshift protection and in some cases trying to shift to soon won't register in iRacing. Would be good to test other games as well.

• It's only the upshift that it's giving me issues :)

I'll keep you updated. TIA.

• I have the same wheel. its pretty much new. The left paddle shifter works intermittantly. Any suggestion to maybe physically clean it would be great

• Kamen KunevKamen Kunev Member
    edited July 2020

I just got mine. The button with the plastic shield around it(not sure how the button's called) does not work out of the box. Being returned. So far, out of the CSW v2.5, CSL LC pedals, DD2, ESports F1 wheel and 918 RSR, the only two I've not had problems with are the 2.5 and the pedals.

The DD2 power supply's fan runs constantly. I was sent a replacement with the same issue.

The Esports F1 wheel has missed upshifts.

The 918 RSR has the defective button

All the items I've had within the last 6 months and I'm really getting fed up with the lack of reliability.