Formula v2 on csl elite wheel base wont go into xbox mode

Hi ive bought the Formula v2 for my csl elite base but i cant get it to work on xbox wiht the v2 on the base ive tried new drivers and then update the base and wheel but nothing seems to work

please help

Comments

• if i use the p1 wheel it works fine

• i seemed to get it to work by unticking 'Autoswitch to ps4 mode to pc upon connect'

• Psql .Psql . Member

What driver and firmware do you run?

• Tom RuthvenTom Ruthven Member
    edited May 2020

Hi I’m on the 336 driver that’s the only one I’ve had any luck with I’ve had it working once now it just freezes I’ve tried 346, 352 and neither were any better I’m on WB FW 656

steering wheel FW 28

motor FW 22

• Hey man, did you happen to find a solution for this? been stuck in it for days, i sent fanatec already and waiting for a response. i keep getting freezing and the xbox mode disappears sometimes and i have to reflash the firmware.

• Tom RuthvenTom Ruthven Member
    edited June 2020

I’m afraid my base was out of warranty so I had to get a new base and so far it seems to be fine but needs the Xbox to be off before connecting the base to it. It got to the point where I needed to reflash it every time to play on Xbox and then sometimes that wouldn’t work. Fanatec will ask you for videos of what it does (freezing and no Xbox mode) and to try changing the driver but I would say that they will ask you to send in the wheel base and steering wheel for RMA, once they reply (took around 5days) they will reply once/twice a day while the case is open so be ready to email back with videos/replies. How old is your wheelbase? They will ask for you to add your wheelbase to your fanatec account if it’s not already on there. Let me know what they say

• Thanks for the reply man, Mine is a week old. Practically brand new and it's on my account already. I also sent them videos and complete description of everything on my first email.

I was wondering if it works fine on PC and PS4, if so i can sell my xbox and get a PS4 for now, i really don't care about the Xbox per say i just want my system to work fine.

I've had no issues aside from xbox mode so far but again i usually have it in PC mode only when im updating firmware or so but it doesn't freeze then.

Waiting for Fanatec to get back to me and i'll let you know what they say.

• No worries I remember what it was like for days I couldn’t understand why it wouldn’t work, I mainly play on PC on iracing so it wasn’t a major thing but I do play on Xbox with friends sometimes and the whole idea I had was to be able to do both like I could with my thrustmaster tx, I didn’t try on PS4 as I don’t have one but I would assume it would work because I could get PS4 mode everytime without it freezing. I hope you get it sorted at least it’s brand new so your covered