DD2 failed on day 2

I seem to have very similar symptoms to several others - wheel arrived yesterday and worked great. Turned off as normal after a couple of hours use but when trying to turn on today I just get the fans at full speed, no response from the steering wheel and i'm unable to flash the motor firmware which is now listed as 0. I've tried just about everything I can think of and that the internet suggests but it looks like i'm in for a long wait now to have it replaced.

Does anyone from Fanatec read the forum and respond or is just somewhere to get together and moan?

Comments

• You need to contact the tech support for an exchange RMA.

• My dd2 base was non functional out of the box I asked for replacement and was told it had to go for repair no replacement was offered had to wait 6 weeks for repair due to parts being not available.i doubt you will get a replacement as stated on their warranty page.repair or refurbished base is their preference.good luck

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Dan, the support process can be swift, it depends on the issue and the number of troubleshooting steps needed to determine exactly what needs to be done.

Hi Robert, normally it is possible for an exchange to happen within the first 14 days. I have tried to investigate why that didn't happen in your case, and it seems there was some miscommunication as a result of multiple support tickets being opened. I'm sorry to hear about the delay, but I hope that the case was resolved and you are satisfied with the product. If not, please continue to communicate with support.

• Dan WebsterDan Webster Member
    edited May 2020

Hi Dominic, thanks for the response - i've ordered another and will process a refund for the faulty unit, hopefully that speeds things up for me and takes the pressure off your service department...apart from the frustration of it failing I was blown away with how good it feels.