Podium DD1 cogging issue (un-smooth steering after prolongued use)

Guys I'm getting fed up by my issue, and Fanatec doesn't give me clear indications that they have checked the issue on their end. I've been mailing back and forth thousand of times, and we are getting nowhere in solving this issue.

Issue: DD1 is smooth at startup of the base. But after about two hours, it becomes coggy.. Like a belt driven wheel and it is not smooth anymore... As if the magnets got thousands of volts stored in them.. When I turn the wheel, it's stepping/cogging all the way around... If I RESTART the wheelbase, everything is smooth again. But after a while it becomes un-smooth... Can anyone verify this for me? Play with it a few hours and see.. I'm using torque.

I have tested every driver since 337, aswell as firmwares and motor drivers. The issue is persistent on ALL drivers... Fanatec hints to me that it could be software, but seeing that it's persistent problem across all drivers, it's likely not.. Fanatec also suggest that i can send it back, but they say that if they don't find anything wrong with my wheel, they will charge me for shipping.. It indicates that they do not believe me.

Comments