Canadian Timeline - 30 days for package #1

My timeline for "Ready to ship" CSL ELITE F1® SET - OFFICIALLY LICENSED FOR PS4™ to ship to Canada by USPS which is the only option for Canada.

Date order placed: May 29

May 30 - The order has been processed on Fanatec site

June 1 - USPS shipping labels created and email from Claudia Sysak @ Suddath Global Logistics with tracking numbers (3). This bundle is shipped as 3 individual components.

June 3 - Processed at USPS facility in LA .

June 25 - As I mentioned in other posts the packages sat in LA for about 3 weeks, and then 1 of them left LA on the 23rd and arrived in Toronto. Processed thru customs with no duty being applied.

June 29 - I received the first package today, the F1 wheel, so I can watch youtube videos pretending to drive now.

I am still waiting on the base and pedals which have not had any updates on the USPS site since June 3rd. They seem to be stuck in LA. USPS really have no options to get any further info which is frustrating.

But it seems once they land in Canada you can expect delivery in about 5 days. I am in Hamilton.

Anybody else have USPS packages stuck in LA?

Comments

• bought the Csl v1.1 and the csl pedal on June 3 as you all item got there own shipping tracking. Receive the base last week and pedal today all left at the same time. Sadly I don’t have a wheel have to wait for the v2 in July :(

• Once my packages got to LA on the 25th they got to Vancouver today! Hoping they get here soon

• Hopefully you're luckier than I am. 1 out of my 3 packages arrived. From the 2 remaining, 1 made it to Montreal, and was out for delivery last Friday. Without even attempting to deliver the package they left me a delivery notice. Show up at the post office today and they say they it hasn't arrived there yet. Called CP they don't know where the package is.

As for the 3rd and final package, it's still sitting in Mississauga with the last update of it being processed on June 17th.

In the meantime, I ordered a cockpit from rseat, which arrived from Bulgaria in 5 days.

Got an email that my F1 2020 steering wheel was being processed at the warehouse last Thursday, no tracking number yet. Hoping it doesn't get stuck in LA.

• Well most of the time is the parcel being stuck in LA or anywhere in the state if not it get quickly from custom.

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

There are some challenges with tracking numbers taking longer to sync with the shipping partners as a result of adjustments made due to the pandemic.

It is possible some items arrive with no duties depending on the classification, value and product type.

[Moderator]

Ryan,

Please stop spamming the threads with the same posts. I get your frustration but there is no need to post multiple times.

[Moderator]

Not censoring at all. You can get your message across without the need for posting in every thread.

[Moderator]

• I’m in the exact same boat 3 packages ordered. Podium paddles, v3 pedals and a DD2. DD2 arrived at distribution June 3rd and has been stuck there since. Paddles reached there June 2nd but was moved on the 23rd and arrived the 29th. Pedals shipped June 18th and have been in Mississauga since the 25th

• We need to charter a plane for USPS to get the packages out of the back corner of the distribution centre.

• i was hoping i was going to be lucky when all 3 of my pakages got to Vancouver last week... none of them have gotten thru customs yet

• I'm in Toronto and still haven't received any updates since the order was processed a month ago. I ordered the CSL Elite pedals and PS4 base. I ended up buying a second hand wheel itself due to stock issues on Fanatec's side.

Date order placed: May 28

May 28 - The order has been processed on Fanatec site

May 29 - USPS shipping labels created

June 3 - Processed at USPS facility in LA , in transit to destination

I don't think this is Fanatec's issue at this point, they'd actually processed everything just fine. It would be nice to have other shipping options for Canada, I would've chosen to pay more for expedited shipping without a second thought.

• It is interesting all our packages were processed at USPS facility in LA June 3 and then nothing since then.

I have seen other Canadians that had orders processed after June 3rd and have already received the shipment .

My first package only took 5 days after it arrived in Canada at customs, so this seems to be a USPS issue.

• I have 3 items first tracking date as May 28 - I have yet to receive any of them Yet. Also in Ontario, Canada.

One package has left LA and is now sitting in canadian customs, the other 2 are still sitting at the USPS facility in LA as far as I can tell. Not Fanatec's fault, but still a fitting turn of events to an interesting purchasing experience lol.

Extra frustrating is USPS has no alert about this sort of delay anywhere on their website.

• Order update,

Date order placed: May 28

May 28 - The order has been processed on Fanatec site

May 29 - USPS shipping labels created 

June 3 - Processed at USPS facility in LA , in transit to destination

July 7 - Item arrived at an origin transfer airport in INTERNATIONAL, LOS ANGELES, UNITED STATES, in transit to destination

• good to hear packages are moving .

My first package left LA airport same day it arrived , so you should see more updates now as it makes its way towards customs.

It took about 7 days from that update and 5 days after arrival scan in Toronto to be delivered to my house.

Are both of you packages moving together?

• I only got notified on one package, but its now in flight, which is good

• All 3 of my packages took exactly 5 days to travel from LA to Toronto making 1 stop in Detroit. Everything I ordered has arrived except for my steering wheel. I ordered the F1 2020 LE, shipping label was created July 1st and as far as the tracking goes it has not been pick up yet. Hopefully we get our orders soon so we can start racing!

• Tyler LangTyler Lang Member
    edited July 2020

Messed up how people have gotten things before me that were shipped after lol. Again not fanatec's fault. USPS def also feeling the heat it seems. Stuff def got stored in a way that made it hard to get stuff out it seems and they shipped other stuff first.

One of my packages is now cleared customs with July13 expected delivery date. The other two have just reached customs today (the previous package sat there for 8 days before being given back to Canada post so I'm expecting to not have them for another 2 weeks atleast)

*On a positive note, unrelated to shipping*

I had to email support this morning due to my f1 PC key not showing up, and I got a response almost immediately and the problem was resolved and fixed within the hour. Thumbs up for the turn around Fanatec!!! - Kevin from Sales is killing it and has been nothing but a pleasure to deal with.

• My first tracking was June 1st, 3 days after yours, so hopefully now that your packages are gone mine are closer to the front of the line.

My other post on shipping to Canada and Fanatec customer service was not so positive I wish I would have had to chance to interact with Kevin. 😀

• I remember seeing f1 2020 preorder as july 7th and it seeming like an eternity away lol.

Atleast I'll have some controller lap times to compare the wheel and pedals to once it arrives :)

• I cannot find F1 2020 in my games either. To be honest I have not looked until now. I thought I ticked the PC box but now when I go back to my order and check my games there is not a key or game listed there. did yours appear in my games? and was it listed on your invoice. If so I screwed up during ordering (which took a few tries) .

• ya it was in my games. I had an order also. My key wasnt there initially. Contacting support fixed it.

• Jeff PlumleyJeff Plumley Member
    edited July 2020

Regarding duties, this would be a nice surprise! I know customs will often just send a parcel through without adding the taxes if it's relatively inexpensive so I'm sure sending the items individually has the potential to reduce the additional charges. So thanks for that. :)

However, I think some wouldn't mind using FedEx instead of USPS, or UPS as a last resort, even if it incurred their 'border service fees'.

Maybe offer the choice at checkout with the actual shipping charges for each type of shipping company. I know the shipping price to Canada is WELL above what it should be. For example, Fanatec charged $21 USD to ship to my US pickup location and a ridiculous $195 USD to ship to Canada. I've ordered much heavier items from other companies within the US (and also the UK) and the shipping costs are MUCH less, as in 1/2 to 2/3 less. 😳

Yeah usually I have my stuff shipped to a border depot. Much faster and cheaper. That's only if you live close to a US border. Obviously right now that makes no difference with it being closed.