The wait is over! Clubsport Wheel Base V2 and Shifter are on the way to customers

Comments

• I got the sam message (EU), this sucks so much.

Already waited for 3 months and now another 14 days :/
  • Yea, new date is mid-Feb, so I assume 2-3 weeks from now depending on the shipment. Got the email, thought, YES! Order confirmation, skimmed through it and saw only one word "delayed", my reaction

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Damn.  Sorry to hear about the delays.  To be honest, was kind of expecting this for us in the US as the port strike has been pretty bad and our estimated ship dates were given prior to it even starting. 

So far so good, though - no delay emails.  Three days and counting...
  • edited January 2015
    I got the sam message (EU), this sucks so much.

Already waited for 3 months and now another 14 days :/

There goes my V2 :) 

Let's hope mid february is correct...
  • Anyone in the US received a tracking number or any info about their shipment?
  • Not a thing.  Account still shows estimate 1/30/2015.
    Anyone in the US received a tracking number or any info about their shipment?

• nothing yet here in the US,still 1/30/15 on the order page.Its so close.Sorry to here the bad news from you EU guys.hopefully its just a short delay. hang in there.Id stay and comiserate but ive got 2 feet of fresh snow to shovel.
  • Anyone in the US received a tracking number or any info about their shipment?
    Nothing yet, I am 1/30/15 as well.
  • still waiting (US) as well.
  • just received:

Dear Valued Customer,

Unfortunately, we have to inform you that the goods have not
    arrived at the warehouse yet (ClubSport Handbrake and ClubSport Wheel Base
    V2).  The delay is caused by the unpleasant situation at the harbor. The
    vessel has already arrived about more than 2 weeks ago but the goods are still
    on board. We hope that the container will be uploaded soon and forwarded to the
    warehouse, but we cannot say a specific delivery date yet. Your order will be
    shipped immediately – after the goods have arrived in stock at our warehouse.
    We will keep you informed about the dispatch in time.

We fully understand if you are not willing to wait for such
    a long time to obtain your order. Of course, you can withdraw your order at any
    time. We would then refund the pre-payments immediately.

We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences arising by this
    shipping delay.

Best regards

Fanatec_Gameshop
    North America

I have heard the same thing from suppliers i use in my business.  I have had items delay up to 10 days due to this situation.  Hopefully they will arrive safe and sound in our hands soon.

• just received:

Dear Valued Customer,

Unfortunately, we have to inform you that the goods have not
    arrived at the warehouse yet (ClubSport Handbrake and ClubSport Wheel Base
    V2).  The delay is caused by the unpleasant situation at the harbor. The
    on board. We hope that the container will be uploaded soon and forwarded to the
    warehouse, but we cannot say a specific delivery date yet. Your order will be
    shipped immediately – after the goods have arrived in stock at our warehouse.
    We will keep you informed about the dispatch in time.

We fully understand if you are not willing to wait for such
    a long time to obtain your order. Of course, you can withdraw your order at any
    time. We would then refund the pre-payments immediately.

We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences arising by this
    shipping delay.

Best regards

Fanatec_Gameshop
    North America

I have heard the same thing from suppliers i use in my business.  I have had items delay up to 10 days due to this situation.  Hopefully they will arrive safe and sound in our hands soon.

Man that sucks, considering the vessel has already been in the harbour for 2 weeks now, guess quite a few of us will continue to play the waiting game for a while.
  • Yeah, this sucks bad. What's funny is they ask if we want a refund due to the extended wait. If I've waited this long I'm going to wait a little while longer. I don't understand why it's still in port. I wouldn't think it took that long to be off loaded and cleared through customs. If there was a wheel in the same price range and the same quality, I doubt a lot of us would be waiting any longer. It's just extremely frustrating. I get excited to get my new wheel and then get let down because of this issue. Hopefully everthing from here on out will go seamlessly . Sorry, I just need to vent. I think fanatic needs to look into other shipping options, for instance planes.
  • It shouldn't.  ...unless there's a port strike.
  • Do you wanna pay about 200 bucks more to have it on a plane ?

I don't....keep it up guys...it's only a tool to get more out of sim racing !!!

• It apparently is a strike.  I sell safes, and some of the accessories have been held up in the same situation.

Hopefully the workers can get their wages worked out and get product moving.  This strike B.S. could be detrimental to the US economy if they continued to strike.......let alone the angry V2 customers that might go down to the port and do some "striking" ourselves.  Hope that doesn't sound bad, I'd hate to have men in black coats show up at my front door.........

Wait on.
  • Whats the deal?

I call BS

How is Fanatec experiencing strikes this whole time in all different countries.

Are Somali pirates who Thomas hired to ship out wheels? Seriously clearly not reputable.

I honestly don't care since fanatec hasn't bothered to do any PR on the wheel or on the XBOX one compat, NOR show it off with any new games.

I think we need to learn that prepaying just allow a company to stick it in your butt when you don't expect it.

We are such suckers.
  • Not trying to bash Xbox nor trying to start a disruptive battle, BUT  (big but)...........XBOX and V2 base to me would be like a Grandma and a LMP car in the 24 hours Daytona.

Im sorry guys I know there are big XBOX gamers here and Fanatec does cater to consoles too but i am tired of hearing about PR and release dates for a wheel that hasn't even been seen.  Really.....be patient and happy to know that one day you will play your console with your V2 Base but until then don't bash Fanatec.  I think Fanatec's problem was they let the cat out of the bag premature, no telling how many emails a day they get about the Xbox compatible wheel rim.  Maybe if we stop bothering them about that, they can handle logistics with the V2 Bases better.

Why did I just type this?
  • edited January 2015
    Are there any car racing simulators on the xbox?

On a happy note:

Tue 27 Jan 2015 19:21

Processed through Australia Post facility

SUNSHINE WEST VIC

• Yeah, this sucks bad. What's funny is they ask if we want a refund due to the extended wait. If I've waited this long I'm going to wait a little while longer. I don't understand why it's still in port. I wouldn't think it took that long to be off loaded and cleared through customs. If there was a wheel in the same price range and the same quality, I doubt a lot of us would be waiting any longer. It's just extremely frustrating. I get excited to get my new wheel and then get let down because of this issue. Hopefully everthing from here on out will go seamlessly . Sorry, I just need to vent. I think fanatic needs to look into other shipping options, for instance planes.
    Mate, they made a pool on the shipping people wanted, air shipping would've been additional $100(no discount I think or something like that) to the cost, but yes, there most likely would have been next to no delays whatsoever, but the majority of the community voted for sea shipping which resulted in a discounted price. So tbh we can't bash them for the shipping method, since it was chosen by majority vote...
    Mate, they made a pool on the shipping people wanted, air shipping would've been additional $100(no discount I think or something like that) to the cost, but yes, there most likely would have been next to no delays whatsoever, but the majority of the community voted for sea shipping which resulted in a discounted price. So tbh we can't bash them for the shipping method, since it was chosen by majority vote...
    I don't see how we can bash them at all.  It may have been just my experience but I went in full knowing it would be a while.  So far, they've made good on what they've promised.  Not sure what is wrong with the Europe delay, but here in the US it is WELL beyond their control. 

The fact they were so quick to allow a full refund is a testament to their customer service, not a detraction.  We have a dock strike affecting the second largest port in the US and EVERYTHING is crawling through. 

It sucks to wait, but channel that frustration where it belongs.  ...as for the Xbox rim, well - mea culpa indeed, but for me not a deal breaker.  It's coming and I've got plenty to drive on the PC until it does come.
  • The units have reached Queensland!!!!!

Thu 29 Jan 2015 11:11

Processed through Australia Post facility

UNDERWOOD QLD

• damn, today is my birthday and no v2. although i knew this would happen i am still excited. Hopefull the delay is not another month or two
  • Mine is 13th of February... hopes are high for a nice birthday present :P
    Yeah I don't mind waiting a little longer since I already waited for 3 months but hopefully we will get our units before mid Feb. "The delay is caused by the unpleasant situation at the harbor. The
    on board." Maaannn! What gives!! What could be the issue?? I need to get back on track here.... I dont have any wheel at the moment. What frustrates me the most is not knowing an estimate date this issue will resolve.......
  • edited January 2015
    Place my order on Oct, 31 for -
    CSW B V2
    CSW RR918
    CSP V2
    CSS SQ V1.5
    None of the items have arrived..... but could someone please tell me if this is normal? Had bought the CSR Elite before and got the invite code.

I also got a message from Fanatec about my CSS SQ V1.5 on Dec, 3-

"We are so sorry to inform you that the estimated
    shipping date of your Clubsport Shifter SQ order has been extended about
    2 further weeks.

Please be aware that we will do our best to
    re-ship the ordered goods after the customs clearances process at the
    earliest date as possible. We will keep you informed about the dispatch
    in time.

We fully understand if you are not willing to wait
    for such a long time to obtain your order. Of course, you can withdraw
    your order at any time. We would then refund the pre-payments
    immediately.

We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences arising by this shipping delay". - Got the message on Dec, 3.

Still waiting for all my items..... Do they send items separately sometimes or what? Best regards to Fanatec but I just want to get back on track here if you know what I mean....
  • Place my order on Oct, 31 for -
    CSW B V2
    CSW RR918
    CSP V2
    CSS SQ V1.5
    None of the items have arrived..... but could someone please tell me if this is normal? Had bought the CSR Elite before and got the invite code.

I also got a message from Fanatec about my CSS SQ V1.5 on Dec, 3-

"We are so sorry to inform you that the estimated
    shipping date of your Clubsport Shifter SQ order has been extended about
    2 further weeks.

Please be aware that we will do our best to
    re-ship the ordered goods after the customs clearances process at the
    earliest date as possible. We will keep you informed about the dispatch
    in time.

We fully understand if you are not willing to wait
    for such a long time to obtain your order. Of course, you can withdraw
    your order at any time. We would then refund the pre-payments
    immediately.

We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences arising by this shipping delay". - Got the message on Dec, 3.

Still waiting for all my items..... Do they send items separately sometimes or what? Best regards to Fanatec but I just want to get back on track here if you know what I mean....
    From what I've read, they will normally wait for all your items to be in stock and send them in one shipment. You can however contact their webshop via ticket/e-mail and request to have the items that are in stock be sent immediately, they normally get in contact with you within a day or two to let you know they shipped the in stock items. 

Good luck.
  • From what I've read, they will normally wait for all your items to be in stock and send them in one shipment. You can however contact their webshop via ticket/e-mail and request to have the items that are in stock be sent immediately, they normally get in contact with you within a day or two to let you know they shipped the in stock items. 

Good luck.
    I think I'll wait another couple of weeks and see if they got the issue resolved. Hopefully it wont take longer then that I pray....

• I have an Australian invite code if anyone is interested
  • Hi All,

Great Success!! I am over the moon with my "early delivery"

I placed an order on the 13/12/2014 and had a 30/03/2015 eta on my goodies to arrive. Was gutted with a potential 3 month wait. 

Imagine my surprise when i got the email that the items have now been shipped last week and tracking details showing it on its way to me. 

WOW!!! THANK YOU FANATEC AU

Dragan

I have also 2 Aussie Invite Codes available to share
  • what the hecks going on