Here comes the Flat1 Wheel Rim for your ClubSport Wheel

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
edited May 2014 in Blog
People are still screaming for more so here comes the FLAT1 wheel rim for the ClubSport Wheel.

Just
like the Round1 it is a small rim with just 270 mm but this one is
covered with suede leather. We also added some more buttons and a tuning
display. If you compare the last rims we announced you might get a clue
what they all have in common.

Available this summer for 349,95 Euro / USD (incl. tax / excl. tax)

And we are not done yet...

Comments

• aj bearaj bear Member
    my guess is the rim is made of ultra light material (ie. plastic composite) and separate from the button unit... thereby optimising the feedback efficiency of your CSW base.
  • I may have to seriously consider this one out of all the new add on rims this is the best one so far and more on line price wise with what it offers
  • Stephen LucasStephen Lucas Member
    edited May 2014
    Modular system, interchangeable rims?, maybe the rims will be available as standalone for maybe around 149 euros (guess)
    As for the rest, the buttons, the screen..all very cool and now I'm very interested :)
  • aj bearaj bear Member

oh and btw... I want it as soon as is practically possible.

Also many thanks for efforts which assist me in my endeavour to get my butt closer to the road... at the 'sweat spot' price point for marginal benefit gained.

• Wow, this looks very nice. Looks like the the base of the wheel is stainless steel while the button brackets and electronic box are steel so shouldn't be much heavier than the F1 rim.

From the looks of thing this is what I've deducted about all the new rims:
    1. The tuning display can be retracted
    2. Button modules can be added or removed from any rim
    3. Button modules can be adjusted to suit
  • and surely you can swap the rims if just 3 bolts :)
  • Modular system, interchangeable rims?, maybe the rims will be available as standalone for maybe around 149 euros (guess)
    As for the rest, the buttons, the screen..all very cool and now I'm very interested :)
    Good point, I would be very happy if this were the case although I think €149 is a bit too optimistic.
  • Are all your future rims going to cost more than what I paid for my CSR wheel?
  • aj bearaj bear Member
    Wow, this looks very nice. Looks like the the base of the wheel is stainless steel while the button brackets and electronic box are steel so shouldn't be much heavier than the F1 rim.

From the looks of thing this is what I've deducted about all the new rims:
    1. The tuning display can be retracted
    2. Button modules can be added or removed from any rim
    3. Button modules can be adjusted to suit

my guess is that all rims will be way lighter than the F1 rim as the fundamental design principle...   the weight of the button modules will somehow be supported by the base structure and not the drive mechanism.

but certainly agree with your insight that multiple 'mix & match' button units/rims would be the most logical way to maximise profits for Fanatec... eg.. ability for each individual to create ultimate bespoke set up for them... plus there is a reasonable segment of their market that will buy everything they produce... in order to find ultimate combination for each car/track/type of race etc and/or just bc we all want more toys ;^}

• Das wächst und wächst .....finde ich eine super Idee. 
    Der Rim sieht auch gut aus. 
    Das wird ein heißer Sommer:-)
  • Really need to start getting an idea of dates ;)
  • Bingo! I'll take one to go. Good work Thomas

• I wonder how the pricing is going to work on the modular unit compared to the standalone rims? I really hope I can put the nascar rim with the buttons and tuning display? It seems to have a different bolt pattern than the two new ones.
  • I like this one. Very nice.

One request. Can you equip them with different, larger shift paddles, like the ones from the BMW rim for example but shorter due to rim size.
    I always drive at 10 to 2 position and not 15 to 3. So i need more peddle upwards.

;)
  • aj bearaj bear Member

Round 1, Flat 1.... there has to be an ultra light F1 coming next!!???

And just like all the others it will utilise all/any/none (per user desire) of the universal button module.

hope my guess is correct... if so, please put me down for one of each.

• edited May 2014
    It Will be mine for sure !!! Great job and i'm very confident about your strategy. I CAN see 3 different bases with all steering wheels compatible, and surely possibility to Play ps4 with joystick in option...
  • Another cracking looking wheel. Are you planning to continue with the same quick release mechanism on potential future wheel bases so that customers buying these rims can buy a new base and just plug in their current favourite rim?
  • edited May 2014
    Thomas posted this on the iracing forum
    "Like mentioned before, we are working on a product line
    below the CSW and above the CSW. Direct drive is the way to go and it should be
    no problem for us to offer a wheel which offers better functionality at a lower
    price. But it will still be significantly above the CSW.

Of course all rims will be compatible to all base units so
    that our modular system makes most sense and the user can decide between three
    different quality and price levels in all product categories: wheel base, wheel
    rim, pedals, shifter, cockpits."

So to summarise they are working on a better base and a cheaper base and all products will be compatible with one another. 

• Frans BrinkFrans Brink Member
    edited May 2014
    Fanatec rims expensive? 
    Here is the alternative for SimSteering owners. 895....Brittish Pounds....excl. 20% VAT.... excl. wheelbaseQR.... excl. various sticker options.
  • ...... not to mention the wheelbase - some €3500-4000!
    So a CSW PRO would be nice, Thomas.
  • Looks very similar to the P310 Sparco that I suggested on the Fanatec wheel fansite - brilliant!
  • Woow I really liked the wheel xbox1 xbox1 xbox1.... haha
  • Frans BrinkFrans Brink Member
    edited May 2014
    Well it looks like the rumors of Fanatecs death have been greatly exaggerated.
  • Stop doing this to me Thomas, I'll need to sell a kidney at this rate!
  • Those buttons looks like a separate unit and the wheel comes completely off with three screw pattern. Some of the wheels have the same three screw pattern so you can mount them on that unit it looks great.
  • Fanatec rims expensive? 
    Here is the alternative for SimSteering owners. 895....Brittish Pounds....excl. 20% VAT.... excl. wheelbaseQR.... excl. various sticker options.

Nice Wheel Rim Frans to go with that Kollmorgen Servo Motor you posted. It's an interesting concept dealing with a servo based product and the lack of overall R&D that has been able to be put into this concept for the Sim Race industry due to the cost of materials to do extensive research and comparisons with the different offerings in the Electric Motor Industry and coming up with a Motor + Controller solution at a lower cost than current offerings at this moment in time. I know there are such combinations to under cut the Kollmorgen price but without needed research.
  • I like the way that tuning display flips up and back down. 
  • :)>- :)>- :)) :)>-
  • Das Teil ist mittlerweile so vielfältig und Flexibel wie ein Schweizer Taschenmesser.   
    Da staunt selbst McGyver, was alles in dem "kleinen" Teil steckt.