The wait is over! Clubsport Wheel Base V2 and Shifter are on the way to customers

Comments

• Yay for you.I'm saying this of course dripping with sarcasm and a slight hint of hateful envy. My stuff is most unfortunately stuck on a friggin boat somewhere with the entire unloading crew on an extended coffee break. On behalf of myself and entire 1/30/15 estimated shipping date customer orders id like to say congratulations.No really congratulations I mean it.really.
  • I have an Australian invite code if anyone wants it
  • Hi All,

Great Success!! I am over the moon with my "early delivery"

I placed an order on the 13/12/2014 and had a 30/03/2015 eta on my goodies to arrive. Was gutted with a potential 3 month wait. 

Imagine my surprise when i got the email that the items have now been shipped last week and tracking details showing it on its way to me. 

WOW!!! THANK YOU FANATEC AU

Dragan

I have also 2 Aussie Invite Codes available to share
    How many things did you order? I'm guessing it's your "other" items.. cause if there's a v2 base shipped with that order, i'd say that's horseshit.
  • I don't know...  Was thinking with so many Aussies waiting, some had to cancel.  Thought he just got lucky and got one of the cancelled orders that finally made it to Australia.

Now...  If WE could only be so lucky. 
  • Great news(sarcasm), if the port works don't make a deal within 5 days, the port employers are going to shut down everything until they come to their senses. I read that earlier today.
  • I wondering how long it will take for rust to set in...........
  • Great news(sarcasm), if the port works don't make a deal within 5 days, the port employers are going to shut down everything until they come to their senses. I read that earlier today.
    I read that also, I am trying to understand, Fanatec says products are on a vessel and when they arrive at their warehouse they will deliver those items which means orders would be in the "back of the line" for US product arrivals assuming they have to go to Long Beach or LA which is presently congested....hell at this point i would consider to pay extra and just Fed ex it from the warehouse, and bypass all the boat shipping crap.. how about that option.
    I read that also, I am trying to understand, Fanatec says products are on a vessel and when they arrive at their warehouse they will deliver those items which means orders would be in the "back of the line" for US product arrivals assuming they have to go to Long Beach or LA which is presently congested....hell at this point i would consider to pay extra and just Fed ex it from the warehouse, and bypass all the boat shipping crap.. how about that option.
    Little late for the air option...  The product is built in Asia and once production was finished, it was sent by vessel (ship) to the US.  Well, then the port strike happened so everything now is stuck on a ship till they can get their contracts sorted.  Literally, hundreds of vessels are either there now, in queue, drifting, or not even leaving Asia until it does get sorted.   But our ship is there, waiting to off load.

The ports are working, but very limited hours thus very slowly.  With the huge backlog of vessels - this is taking a long long time.  And there is very little exposure for anyone to know when their product will be unloaded, so it can get through customs, then to - in this case - Endor's distribution center in the US in Anaheim, and then finally to us. 

Sucks for us, Fanatec, truckers, vendors, shipping companies, factories, stores, the list goes on. 

Eventually, they will get to our ship and unload it.  The only question is when.  The biggest problem is that question is unanswerable - even to multi-billion dollar companies.  Yep, sucks for them too. 

It just sucks.  So we wait.
  • Fritz, well said...
  • edited February 2015
    Hello guys
    Just a heads up for you europeans (sorry for you  fellows americans) ,i've just received my ups tracking email ,weirdly nothing has changed on my order pages .So i guess wait is over for some of you too :)
    FYI i ordered on the 24/10/2014 ,was estimated for the 30/01/2015 but was rescheduled for mid february.
    I hope it will cheer some of you up :)
    have a nice weekend
    Little late for the air option...  The product is built in Asia and once production was finished, it was sent by vessel (ship) to the US.  Well, then the port strike happened so everything now is stuck on a ship till they can get their contracts sorted.  Literally, hundreds of vessels are either there now, in queue, drifting, or not even leaving Asia until it does get sorted.   But our ship is there, waiting to off load.

The ports are working, but very limited hours thus very slowly.  With the huge backlog of vessels - this is taking a long long time.  And there is very little exposure for anyone to know when their product will be unloaded, so it can get through customs, then to - in this case - Endor's distribution center in the US in Anaheim, and then finally to us. 

Sucks for us, Fanatec, truckers, vendors, shipping companies, factories, stores, the list goes on. 

Eventually, they will get to our ship and unload it.  The only question is when.  The biggest problem is that question is unanswerable - even to multi-billion dollar companies.  Yep, sucks for them too. 

It just sucks.  So we wait.
    It sucks for America in general, a little labor dispute is felt coast to coast.  These things happen more often then we know, but this hold up feels worse than Fanatec not being able to keep up production.  Product on an anchored ship during the whole process is like driving 12 hours to Disney for 1 ride and being 1" to short.  I hope the unions can get contracts worked out or whatever it is becuase I am dying to drive!
  • edited February 2015
    Hello guys
    Just a heads up for you europeans (sorry for you  fellows americans) ,i've just received my ups tracking email ,weirdly nothing has changed on my order pages .So i guess wait is over for some of you too :)
    FYI i ordered on the 24/10/2014 ,was estimated for the 30/01/2015 but was rescheduled for mid february.
    have a nice weekend
    Some nice news right there, good to see that EU orders for 30th are already moving out to people that placed an them. I myself, haven't received any tracking yet, might be due to that I placed my order later than you, which was on 12/11/14, hoping to get the tracking around mid next week and to have wheel till the weekend, but time will show.
  • For those upset about the port strike remember this next time you hear "unions are great". This is hurting a lot of people. Ya, it'd be nice to have our Fanatec products but I'm sure the semi drivers, fed ex, ups, sales people etc. that are effected by this are hurting worse. I pray for them. As so well said above,

This just sucks
  • I wouldn't just point the finger at the unions. This dispute has gone on for quite some time. Both sides have had time to resolve these issues.Im not happy about waiting for my stuff either.  It would be easy for me to sit here and picture some lazy overpaid dock worker sittin on his ass while my stuff gets more use to the salty ocean air by the day, but union contracts are not always unresolvable just because of the unions.Management has the abilitry to step up and end this as well. If anyone knew this was going to be this kind of problem,I would've hoped they would have had a plan B.If this isnt resolved by the next orders shipment will fanatec find another way to deliver or will that boat sit in a harber for a month as well? All we can do is wait. Hopefully by the time this thing gets delivered fanatec will have sealed the deal with sony for the new Playstation 5 rims.
  • Just got an e-mail confirming shipment!! Sent out of Aneheim, CA a couple hours ago and due to arrive 2/11 via fedex. 

Made order on 10/24, it's been quite a wait, i am ready :)

Here's to others getting their e-mail as well, good times all.
  • Just got an e-mail confirming shipment!! Sent out of Aneheim, CA a couple hours ago and due to arrive 2/11 via fedex. 

Holy cow!  Great news!  Hoping to hear more emails are coming.  I mean, they couldn't be on more than one boat now, could they?
  • Dillon RyanDillon Ryan Member
    edited February 2015
    Just got an e-mail confirming shipment!! Sent out of Aneheim, CA a couple hours ago and due to arrive 2/11 via fedex. 

Holy cow!  Great news!  Hoping to hear more emails are coming.  I mean, they couldn't be on more than one boat now, could they?
    Like others, my order on fanatec profile hasn't updated, but I can only assume its the base and not the shifter due at the end of the month. 
    It says its total pieces is 1 and weighs 18 lbs / 8.16 kgs, fedex.com atleast seems to think that it's real, hopin so.

Like others, my order on fanatec profile hasn't updated, but I can only assume its the base and not the shifter due at the end of the month. 
    It says its total pieces is 1 and weighs 18 lbs / 8.16 kgs, fedex.com atleast seems to think that it's real, hopin so.
    Well, let's hope so.  My shifter came in WAY before they estimated, but either way - they both are/were on a boat.  My guess, it's the base.  The shifter is heavy but not 18lbs. heavy.

Well, let's hope so.  My shifter came in WAY before they estimated, but either way - they both are/were on a boat.  My guess, it's the base.  The shifter is heavy but not 18lbs. heavy.
    Was looking at what they have listed on the store pages. Seems to confirm a v2 based on weight  <:-P
  • So guys, from what I read this has been going on for months with delayed shipping and no increase by the ports yet they want more money. I find most unions these days to be complete crap and have minimal respect for them.

My question is the entire price of the Fanatec wheel and it's preorder was based upon the shipping method we all chose, what is the shipper going to do to compensate us for this?

If anything the dispute is with the shipping companies that pay them, so we are now expected to front the bill paying for regular service and not getting out stuff shipped and they still want more money?

Refusing to moves good which is your job in hopes of earning more money is a loosing proposition, one should be rewarded for doing their job, not for NOT DOING THEIR JOB. 
  • So guys, from what I read this has been going on for months with delayed shipping and no increase by the ports yet they want more money. I find most unions these days to be complete crap and have minimal respect for them.

My question is the entire price of the Fanatec wheel and it's preorder was based upon the shipping method we all chose, what is the shipper going to do to compensate us for this?

If anything the dispute is with the shipping companies that pay them, so we are now expected to front the bill paying for regular service and not getting out stuff shipped and they still want more money?

Refusing to moves good which is your job in hopes of earning more money is a loosing proposition, one should be rewarded for doing their job, not for NOT DOING THEIR JOB. 

Couldn't have said it any better! Bravo

That is GOOD news! my order was on 10/21, hopefully in the same sea box. will keep checking..
  • Hello guys
    have a nice weekend
    My account (EU) says "Shipped" as of today (09/02/2015) :) Probably will get tracking number next 1-2 days... Oh boy, it's finally over. I'm gonna have a beer :) 
  • Dood, it says shipped as of 09/02/2015, finally!! The hype is back, it is finally on it's way, haven't yet received the tracking email but I guess it will arrive soon :3
  • Dood, it says shipped as of 09/02/2015, finally!! The hype is back, it is finally on it's way, haven't yet received the tracking email but I guess it will arrive soon :3
    Thats great news, whats your location?
    Thats great news, whats your location?
    I'm from EU.
  • It's my time too!!! Actual shipping date: 09/02/2015
  • just in case you cant tell Im so stoked because Im looking at 2 friggin fed ex tracking numbers  for 2 pieces that just left Endor due to arrive later this week from the original 1/30/15 shipping date,yeah baby.
  • Unfortunately they're calling for more heavy snow the day before delivery.Ill meet the fed ex guy at the airport with a dam dogsled if need be. So I guess they unloaded the ship? problem solved?in the home stretch,so close,It will have been worth the wait.
  • shipping notification WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO