FanaLab 1.23 beta Download - Post your Feedback here

Comments

• Hi Guys,

I have not found anyone yet having this issue: on the game profile tab, no games are showed (it worked at the beginning). I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version of Fanalab (1.24) and I have the latest firmware for the DD1 and formula V2.

I can't create specific profile on this tab.

Anyone has an idea on how to solve this?

• Did you install fanalab to the default location? I think I read that there is a bug - the installer lets you install it anywhere, but the app itself is has a few hard coded sections to look at specific config files in the default location only.

• edited August 2020

Goodday,

I been using Fanalabs 1.24 with my DD1 with UHX on driver 356 for a while now with no problems.

But last week suddenly during a Iracing race session all my buttons stopped working. Today it happent again.

The steering wheel, and throttle and brake pedals work fins. But the advanced pedal module clutch doesnt either, together with all the other buttons.

I have to refresh my devices in fanalabs, and while they shown correct before the refresh. After the refresh all buttons works again.

I have not changed any drivers or software in between.

• Go back one page and read the 5th comment from the bottom (by Chris Kelada). Give that a try.

• Hello guys.

Fanalab is full compatible with the F12020 ClubSport Limited Edition Wheel?

• yes of course as its just a Formula v2 wheel, you just can not select the correct picture yet but that doesnt harm the compatibiliyt at all.

• edited August 2020

Sorry but I am really confused and the site/forum don't help to improve the situation...

I installed Fanalab but it says I need to install V352 or higher drivers. Where I can find the drivers?

In the ClubSport V2.5 page I downloaded V328 (actually installed), but in the F12020 Wheel page there is V346. Can you help me? This is my firmware situation.

• hello!i have a question about fanalab on podium porsche 911 ps4, everything on the screen does not show that the gears and km. will there be a next update? thanks

• ITM is not working on consoles, only Legacy mode which depends on how the game developers have implemented the Fanatec SDK. Also Fanalab is not available on consoles.

• edited August 2020

Hi, I'm using Fanalab 1.23 and 365 drivers.

My new setup is made up of:

CSW 2.5 (672 / 22)

Clubsport F1 V2 (34)

Pedals V3

I noticed a weird behaviour using iRacing with the flag leds:

• green and white show correctly
    • pit lane (red leds) shows correctly
    • yellows flags do not activate the leds, even if they should as they are selected in the application

Is this a known bug?

Thanks

• Yes, it's a known issue, but not fixed in the next version.

• After days, weeks or months of further development, this should be a huge update. Unfortunately, it will probably come down to simply adding a few new ones to the list of known issue. I hope Fanatec will surprise me positively, but unfortunately I am not too optimistic.

• Changelog is massive.... ;)

• Well, at least it's not a problem on my side. Too bad it was one of my favourite feature. I hope it can be fixed in the future.

• I know you hate this question (I would), but can you give us a hint as to when we'll see these changes? :)

• I dont give any hints to dates anymore, sorry.

Its coming, when its coming in the absolutely not so far future ;-)

• Totally understand- thanks anyways (and for all you do around here!) :)

• Henry MbayenHenry Mbayen Member
    edited August 2020

Here my experience with another wheel manufacturer. I and others have identified a bug and submitted it through customer service tool. A few hours after I have been in touch with the tech support and they have assisted me since then. In the meantime, since this issue was not isolated they have posted a beta and allowed us to test it to provide feedback. Fanatec is a much bigger company with lot more wheels than CubeControl but it does not explain why no software update have come out in the last 5-6 mo. The focus is to sell more products/hw but those wheels are worth nothing without good software. I have like most invested in Fanatec products (DD1 from CSW2.5 plus a couple of rim including the Porsche Podium wheel). It is not acceptable to just sell hardware with broken software that you don't update regularly.

I am out and Fanatec will not get any more of my money starting in September when I receive my Simucube. Even if the grass is not greener on the other side I gave enough time and money to Fanatec. I am done!

• While I agree that Fanatec probably needs to rethink their entire software strategy (the entire situation reminds me of how things worked in the 1990's), you really should give these folks a break. COVID has affected everyone, and Fanatec has an extremely wide ecosystem that they need to support, and I think it's fair to say that they're going to be affected more than smaller "boutique" manufacturers.

Let's give them a bit of extra patience and see how they do after this global pandemic has left us.

• Just a question about F1 V2 wheel, its display and Fanalab. Is it possible that in the future Fanalab can support showing other info on its little display, like lap times? I understand this is not the PBME display, but it could be used (in theory) with other layouts.

Thanks

• not in the near future, no. But maybe something to have a look at a later point next year or so.

• Multiple crashes mid game: See event log attached and 2 examples below:

Example 1

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>

<Provider Name="Application Hang" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>101</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-08-11T20:56:27.3216454Z" />

<EventRecordID>3864</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-ROS9AN3</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data>FanaLab.exe</Data>

<Data>0.0.0.4</Data>

<Data>44fc</Data>

<Data>01d67021d130654f</Data>

<Data>12</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Fanatec\FanaLab\Control\FanaLab.exe</Data>

<Data>1ccc9cd2-9413-4054-af5f-aeefb0d7014a</Data>

<Data />

<Data />

<Data>Unknown</Data>

<Binary>55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000</Binary>

</EventData>

</Event>

Example 2

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-08-12T00:32:59.5181848Z" />

<EventRecordID>3877</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-ROS9AN3</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data>FanaLab.exe</Data>

<Data>0.0.0.4</Data>

<Data>5dfb4918</Data>

<Data>GameTelemetryExtractor.dll</Data>

<Data>0.0.0.0</Data>

<Data>5dfb4916</Data>

<Data>c0000409</Data>

<Data>0001fccf</Data>

<Data>49b8</Data>

<Data>01d67023721f01b6</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Fanatec\FanaLab\Control\FanaLab.exe</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Fanatec\FanaLab\Control\dll\GameTelemetryExtractor.dll</Data>

<Data>8ad27125-757f-4cc1-9a4c-a7cabfec2185</Data>

<Data />

<Data />

• Which Game? Probably iRacing with the Formula Renault 2.0 or 3.5?

• Where is the link for the 1.24 version???

• Hi There, please can someone provide me with a link to download the latest version of Fanalab. I cannot find it within the Forums or from the Fanatec site and the links provided by 3rd-party sites are all invalid or simply return to the Fanatec homepage. Any help would be most appreciated. Kind regards, Ben

• It's available on the first page of this thread in the very first post...

• Hi Maurice, Many thanks for your prompt reply, still getting used to the forums! 😀 Have a good day. Ben

This discussion has been closed.