Podium DD2 makes blowing sound

Since April 2020 I have a stage DD2. When I start now it makes a blowing sound. In fanalab I see the Wheel Base and my Club sport Pedals V3 but not my steering wheel, Podium Porsche GT3. Can you tell me what's wrong?

Comments

• Can you please make a video of it showing your problem?

Also, which driver are you running? When did you buy the Podium Porsche Wheel?

• Dag Sascha, ik heb het Podium Porsche Wheel gekocht op 27-04-2020.

De driver zie je op de foto.

Het lukt voorlopig niet om een video te sturen,vandaar mijn late reactie

• De chauffeur...de driver

• De chauffeur...The Driver

• You have to contact the support as your Wheel Base Motor Firmware is not recognized, its shown as 0 which indicates a communication problem of Base and Motor.

• Ok thanks. I will try it

• Hello Maurice,

I contacted the support team on your advice.

I had to remove the old firmware and reinstall the driver package(v365). After doing this, I still have the same problem. Back in touch with the support team and they say: Please make sure you have performed after the firmware update the motor sensor calibration. But I can't do that calibration.

I would like to describe what happens when I start the DD2.

When starting up the DD2, the fan starts running at full speed. (Blowing noise)

Then I open "Fanatec Wheel property Page”:

- function test: - no steering wheel. I can't test anything.

- Settings: - Wheel center calibration: not possible

- Motor sensor calibration: NOT POSSIBLE

- Tuning menu: I can make changes here

- Mousse Settings: not possible

- Update: - Wheel Base Firmware: 672 ... the latest version

- Wheel Base Motor Firmware: 0 ... and when I press the button, Fanatec  

Wheel Property Page stops.

- Steering Wheel Firmware does not appear

- Podium Hub Firmware does not appear.

Maurice I'll let you know this and maybe it can help or maybe someone else reads this and says: hi I've had this problem too and can help me.

Maybe I can install an older driver (335 or 346) or the new driver 373? Now I was using the 365.

What I don't understand: I buy a new DD2, no problems starting it up and no problem at all for 2 months. Then on 2020/08/14 I get the problem for 20 minutes and then the DD2 was ok again. I raced for two days and the third day, the problem was there again. Until now.

Is it a problem with the software or hardware?

I hope there will be a solution.

Kind regards and thanks,

Johan

• Hi Johan,

did you end up figuring out a solution for this?

• I just run into same situation after my wrc ea sports crashed. I updated the driver and did the motor sensor calibration but seems to have not effect , still high speed fan from the start up and no info on the wheel base info screen about motor. I am hoping is a software issue not a motor its self.

• edited December 2023

When it happened during driving then most likely the motor sensor broke which then lets the fan run at 100% and you need to contact the support.

• Thanks for your quick response and yes the game wrc on pc crashed and my wheel was still spinning and i shut it down after restart no force in a wheel . so the fan indicates no connection to the motor and you suspect is hardware issue?