No Min/Max option on pedals

Stephen FrithStephen Frith Member
edited August 2020 in Pedals

I have both CSR Elite and CSP v1 pedals both on latest driver but neither have the option to set Min or Max in the Fanatec driver page !!

I have tried connecting directly to the CSWv2 base and directly to my PC but neither give me the option that i see on YT videos and other people's screenshots of their driver page . Why did Fanatec make different options for different pedals ? The v1 pedals are very similar to the v2 and v3 pedals yet Fanatec seem to artificially limit what the v1 and Elite pedals are able to do :(

Here is a screenshot of my driver page for reference .

Comments

• The v1 uses completely different electronics which are dated over 10 years sok of course there can be limitations of what's possible, has nothing to do with artifical limiting.

• ok thanks for the confirmation and sorry for my mistake .

Can you please help me find the manual for the CSP v1 pedals ? That would be very appreciated :) I need to know if it is better to connect via USB directly to PC or through the base (CSWv2) for highest resolution compared to CSR Elite ?

Thank You .

• There is no manual for the CSP v1, only a Quick Guide for the CSR Elite Pedals which you can find in the download part of the webshop page under discontinued products..

Resolution however should be the same 8 bit no magger how you connect the pedals.

• Thanks, last questions, that 8 bit resolution is when connecting via the base or via USB? And is it the same for both v1 and Elite pedals?

• Both, therefore I said it doesnt matter how you connect them, they will have that low resolution both ways. ^^

Its just old tech in those pedals which couldnt offer more resolution at the time of their release.

• I remember the Elites to have 10 bit and it says that in reviews from back in 2011 https://www.geeky-gadgets.com/fanatec-csr-elite-force-feedback-wheel-27-09-2011/ but do the v1 have the same? The have hall sensor instead of pot for throttle and clutch compared to Elites but was the res different between both. I guess as you said the same so 10 bit for both when using USB and 8 via base.