Picking the right setup

I currently race with a Thrustmaster TS-XW racer and would like to upgrade to a Fanatec, but need to keep the price under $1,000, all-in. I was looking at the Xbox One Competition Pack with the ClubSport wheelbase V2.5 Is this package better than the Thrustmaster TS-XW? Also, I'm limited on space, so I'd like to avoid adding a full cockpit. I've heard that the ClubSport wheelbase V2.5 has too much torque for a wheel stand, and a cockpit is needed. Any help on selecting a wheel and advice on mounting it without buying a full cockpit would be appreciated.

Comments

• You do not need a full cockpit setup for the CSW v2.5. It has power, yes, but a good stand such as the Omega Apex or Next Level Racing alternative will hold it very well. These stands also allow you to convert to a full cockpit style setup at a later date should you want to, and they still save on space compared to a dedicated setup.

In regards to your choices, they are good, but, i'd recommend a set of loadcell pedals. These are pretty much the most important part of your rig, so i'd consider the Elite Loadcell pedals or something like the Thrustmaster T-LCM pedals that i have. They will make braking and driving smoothly through corners much much easier and allow you to enjoy racing to the fullest extent.

This is basically my new rig. My CSW v2.5 and CSL Elite wheel (hopefully!) arrive tomorrow and i already have the T-LCM pedals and Omega Apex frame. You won't regret it i'm sure, and it'll come in on your budget.

Good Luck!

• Playseat challenge is an excellent option - cheap, portable, comfortable and more than strong enough for your preferred wheelbase.