Brand New CSL Elite Pedals Not Responding

Brayden TanzBrayden Tanz Member
edited September 2020 in Pedals

I just got my CSL Elite F1 wheel base in the mail today and my CSL Elite pedals (waiting on the wheel to come in). I set everything up and installed the drivers to the latest version. Wheel base powered on fine, but when I go in to the wheel property software, the pedal inputs from me pressing them do not respond. Now I accidentally plugged the RJ12 cable from the pedals in to the shifter (i have since plugged it back in to the pedals port), and when I pressed the throttle and break I could see the input happening on the 2gs indicators. So, is there something wrong with the port on the wheel base or is it another issue? Am I missing a driver somewhere? Thanks

Comments

• *** SOLVED ***

So I ended up solving what the issue was, something with the drivers that I was using. For the people who my stumble upon this forum experiencing the same sort of issue, here is how I went about fixing it:

• Uninstall all fanatec drivers currently installed
    • Restart PC
    • Install driver from https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/15204/fanatec-beta-driver-v373-372-before-for-csl-csw-and-podium-bases-all-wheels/p1 or whatever the newest driver is
    • Once installation is complete, restart PC again
    • Once restarted, open the Fanatec Wheel Property Page (aka the program that was installed)
    • Once opened, turn on your wheel base (in my case the CSL Elite F1 for PS4) and let it complete its initial start up calibration
    • When it's done rotating and the lights are out ("and away we go"), plug in the pedal's RJ12 connector "pedals" port on the wheel base
    • Fully but gradually press down on the throttle and brake to run its calibration (this is stated in the pedals manual)
    • Watch to see if your pedal inputs are now being read by the Wheel Property Page

Again, this worked for me and it's not guaranteed it'll work for everyone, but hopefully it'll help someone out :D

• So I have CSL Elite pedals only with USB adapter. I am running the current version of Windows 10 with up-to-date drivers. I have been having the hardest time getting these to be consistent. I started off setup on my current machine and they did not work at all the way they should out of the box. I ended up having to swap the throttle and brake connection in order for it to work. FAIL! I then decided to try using on a new Intel NUc i7 running Win10. The install worked with no issues but the Nuc was not powerful enough for what I wanted with Graphics. Last night I switched back to the other machine. I removed all old drivers and started fresh. Right off the bat nothing. Rinse repeat now only the brake works or is recognized in Fanatec and nothing from the throttle at all. It only works on two different USB Ports. By works, I can only see the brake. If I swap them again I see the Throttle as the brake and vise versa.I have uninstalled several times I a running the latest in FW. This SUCKS. I spent hard-earned money on polished poop. Bout to send back and go back to Logitech. At least it works out of the box. Any help would be awesome.