How to switch between paddle and H-pattern gear shifters on PC

My instinct tells me this is not an Assetto Corso problem, but I'm a newbie, so I know just enough to be dangerous. I bought a standard vanilla PC Formula bundle from Fanatec, augmented with Heusinkveld pedals, and an H-pattern shifter.

Setup:

PC: Dell G5

ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5

Podium Wheel Base DD1

ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2

Podium Advanced Paddle Module (problem existed independent of whether this was added to system)

Heusinkveld Sprint Sim Pedals

Assetto Corso (Ultimate)

Downloaded latest drivers. System worked flawlessly from the start, except I can't get Assetto Corso to accept that I want to use the manual H-pattern shifter instead of the paddles on the Steering Wheel. I need something I can set to choose between those two options.

Setup in AC allows me to select a manual shifter, but AC doesn't respond to that shifter's actions.

The H-shifter is plugged into the DD1 in one of two possible positions: SHIFTER1 or SHIFTER2. Neither solves the problem. Whether plugged into SHIFTER1 or SHIFTER2, the Steering Wheel's display always shows an icon for manual shifting. Yet AC still expects paddle inputs.

Shifting the manual shifter causes the display on the Steering Wheel to indicate the proper gear, but Assetto Corso does not change its gear indicator. Using the paddle shifter changes AC but the selected gear does not show on the steering wheel.

Clutch operates correctly for engaging 1st gear from stop. I can use the paddle shifters during AC. If the engine hits the red line, AC shifts up for me automatically. Downshifts occur, but not optimally... one has to hit the down paddle and hope that AC wasn't already downshifting at that moment.

Overall, I'm left wondering how to enact manual shifting. Do I need to purchase a GT wheel?

Comments

• Map the gears in game...

• @Gary Johnson -- Thanks for answering, but your answer is too cryptic. I know I'm a newbie, but I tried putting your text into search engines, and got nowhere. I've investigated every place in AC that might be called a "gear map", and all I find is the same old "click to select" interface. Those interfaces are working correctly.

Is there a "gear map" in Fanatec software somewhere?

And again, do I need to purchase a GT wheel?

Any help would be appreciated. Hours spent with no progress...

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Michael,

The steering wheel is unrelated to the H-shifter, you can use any wheel.

If the H-shifter gears are being detected in the Fanatec Properties Page (the Fanatec driver), then it is a game calibration issue.

AC has a calibration wizard that should help with this. Have you tried using the wizard?

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• @Dominic: Thank you so much. Your suggestion, with a little fiddling, worked!

Caveat: right after using the Connection Wizard in AC, nothing worked. Couldn't get any throttle response. Restarting AC did not help.

What did work was manually clearing and setting the Throttle control. Then suddenly everything started to work.

So, THANKS!!!