FFB GT Sport Podium DD F1 22-10-2020 driver 373.

PC driver> 373.

Wheel base firmware> 674.

Wheel base motor firm ware> 40.

Steering wheel firmware> 35.

Hallo people,

I'm now using the Podium DD F1 sins 8-12-2019 and come up whit a lot of FFB settings.

The settings in this discussion are different from the other discussions I posted.

I like these setting a lot and don’t want to adjust my setting anymore.

I hope there are users who can give it a go and give their opinion of these settings.

My settings are:

In game:

Max force> 2.

Sensitive force> 10. (In my opinion the weight from the beginning of steering is important).

Podium DD F1:

SEN> Auto.

FFB> 100.

LIN> On. (On because of the 100% FFB setting).

NDP> 0.

NFR> 0.

NIN>100.

INT> 17/18user preference for detail. (In my opinion not lower than 8, higher is les detail but rounded force).

FEI> 60

FOR>120.

SPR>0.

DPR>100.

ABS>On.

SHO>100.

Thank you if you are going to try these settings.

I hope that you give me your opinion after trying them out.

Comments

• Thanks for the settings Peter. I tried your previous setup and they were great. I'll give these a run and see how I get on.

Cheers mate.

Keith.

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    edited October 2020

Without trying it some comments

• INT that high kills a lot of FFB detail and adds latency
    • FEI that low kills a lot of FFB detail and adds latency
    • NIN that high kills a lot of FFB detail , adds latency and adds a lot of artifical weight to the steering which could make oscillations worse.
    • You use LIN ON to prevent clipping and non linear behavior of peak forces that can't be sustained which is a good choice BUT you counter this with using FOR 120 which results in raising the force again. But I think because your in-game strength is very low thats not being an issue.
    • ABS ON, it can be off or a value but not on?!

My suggestions would be

• Use FF 100 and FOR 100 with LIN On and then adjust in-game strength so you like it or have a medium in-game force which is not clipping and adjust FF to your liking
    • Consider to reduce NIN and use NDP instead to add weight to the steering, it has less side effects you might not want and is a more natural setting to steering than NIN.
    • Consider to reduce INT a bit to get some FFB detail back and reduce latency
    • Consider to raise FEI a bit to get some FFB detail back and reduce latency
  • Thanks for the comment.

Hope you like it and i wil wait for you feedback.

• Hello Marcel Pfister,

Thank for the respond and information.

I responded on your comment to tell you why I have these settings.

hope you will read it. 

Without trying it some comments

• INT that high kills a lot of FFB detail and adds latency

I like the rounded forces instead of detail spikes. The detail is for me enough whit INT on 17.(Considering FFB on 100 on the podium base).

• FEI that low kills a lot of FFB detail and adds latency

FEI to high is for me to aggressive.(Considering FFB on 100 on the podium base).

If you put it on 100 it gives you sometimes hard random currents spikes in the motor.

60 is for me nice and round force like the INT and enough.

NIN that high kills a lot of FFB detail, adds latency and adds a lot of artificial weight to the steering which could make oscillations worse.

The NiN, I think is a nice FFB setting and it feels like a driving/steering shaft.

It gives you also weight indeed without dampening.

I like this type of weight more than the NDP setting because it makes you quicker in responds when turning the wheel in a slip/corner and you feel like the tires are connected to your steering wheel trough a shaft (NIN setting) 

i don't have oscillations and the respond is stil good

• You use LIN ON to prevent clipping and nonlinear behavior of peak forces that can't be sustained which is a good choice BUT you counter this with using FOR 120 which results in raising the force again. But I think because you’re in-game strength is very low that’s not being an issue.

I did a lot of tweaking in game and on the podium base to get to this setting.

These setting are based on 100 FFB on the podium. (I feel like the FFB on 100 on the base gives you quicker responds).

If I don’t use LIN and put the in game 2 or higher it’s too heavy, if I put the in game on 1 its to light. The choice to put the podium force on 100, LIN on, FOR 120 and in game 2 is for me the right force/weight that I want to have in cornering.

I just can’t get it right with LIN of and then tweak every thing on the base and in the game.(Considering FFB on 100 on the podium base).

ABS ON, it can be off or a value but not on?!

I don’t understand what you mean here. Can you explain to me what you mean with, (it can be off or a value but not on?!)? I didn’t think about this setting and have it all the time on.

My suggestions would be

• Use FF 100 and FOR 100 with LIN On and then adjust in-game strength so you like it or have a medium in-game force which is not clipping and adjust FF to your liking (Considering FFB on 100 on the podium base and the setting i come up with).
    • Consider to reduce NIN and use NDP instead to add weight to the steering, it has less side affects you might not want and is a more natural setting to steering than NIN. (i don't like the NDP setting and more like the weight of the NIN)
    • Consider to reduce INT a bit to get some FFB detail back and reduce latency (Considering FFB on 100 on the podium base).
    • Consider to raise FEI a bit to get some FFB detail back and reduce latency (Considering FFB on 100 on the podium base)

• Very good setup Peter. It is good for me. Nice

• Thanks for the comment AnsgarOberhäuser.

Have fun with it!

• These settings don't make any sense...

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

"If you put it on 100 it gives you sometimes hard random currents spikes in the motor."

Sounds like the jolt issue, are you using the default screen on the DD with the Fanatec logo or an analysis screen? The jolts are not happening on the default screen but can happen sometimes on the analysis screens.

"I like this type of weight more than the NDP setting because it makes you quicker in responds when turning the wheel in a slip/corner and you feel like the tires are connected to your steering wheel trough a shaft (NIN setting) "

Hm, but doesn't a very heavy steering slows down reaction? Also in case of trying to keep the car under controll you start to fight or listen to the cars FFB but to an artificial weight which tries to keep the wheel in the state it is. INT prevents the wheel from changing direction or state which at high settings can't really help driving.

Regarding ABS you said you have the setting ON, but the available settings for ABS are either OFF or a value between 1 and 100 so I don't get what ON means then.

Whatever, if you like the settings, go for it, just wanted to leave some suggestions because for having good control over the car and getting most out of the FFB they don't seem right to me.

• edited October 2020

Hello,

Can i ask you what your settings are?

Gr

• Im not playing GT Sport specifically, but Im using low NDP, low NFR, no NIN, low INT and and FEI at around 80 to 100 to get the best mix of detail, response and feedback. Imo your settings eliminate every positive aspect of a DD base. You make it have less detail, less responsive and overall slower.

• You didn't try these setting at GT sport? every game is different so maybe you can try it out?

Gr

• Not possible for me, I don't have a PS4 DD.

I know FFB is subjective, but you might want to try different settings :)

• But how can you tel me that these settings don't make any sense in GT sport if you don't play the game?

maby you wil one day and you can make the settings better so we can enjoy it.

hope to here from you.

gr

• I didn't say they don't make sense in GT Sport, I meant overall they don't make any sense.

• edited October 2020

Man one of the developers (Marcel) replied to you and what you are doing "wrong" with the settings. And still you wanted to correct him. So if they work for you then great. But I also tried your settings and also believe that you are loosing some stuff from the experience just like Marcel and Sascha told you.

And by the way.... I am also comparing with real life racing cars through my experience. 😇

Your settings are way off. Even for GT Sport that physics are not the best on this game. 😉

But as said. It comes under the personal preference of each user. 😎

• "If you put it on 100 it gives you sometimes hard random currents spikes in the motor."

That’s why I have FEI on 60 and I don’t have any spikes or currents. Only if I put the FEI on 100, I have spikes. So 60FEI is not so low Afterall if you consider the FFB on 100, ‘’LIN on’’, FOR 120 and in game 2

It gives enough detail without spikes currents

Sounds like the jolt issue, are you using the default screen on the DD with the Fanatec logo or an analysis screen? The jolts are not happening on the default screen but can happen sometimes on the analysis screens.

I don’t have any jolts on FEI 60 FFB on 100, ‘’LIN on’’, FOR 120 and in game 2

(only on FFB100/FEI100).

The default screen is always on the display

"I like this type of weight more than the NDP setting because it makes you quicker in responds when turning the wheel in a slip/corner and you feel like the tires are connected to your steering wheel trough a shaft (NIN setting) "

Hm, but doesn't a very heavy steering slow down reaction? Also, in case of trying to keep the car under control you start to fight or listen to the cars FFB but to an artificial weight which tries to keep the wheel in the state it is. INT prevents the wheel from changing direction or state which at high settings can't really help driving.

The wheel is not that heavy: FFB on 100, ‘’LIN on’’, FOR 120 and in game 2 is for me the right force/weight that I want to have in cornering.

The NIN makes it heavier but does not damp it when steering.

The NDP when steering is Holding/dampening of your quick responds in my opinion if you put it to high.

The INT is indeed making the car more changing over bumps and everything you feel But if I want more detail (lower the INT) I lose the strength of the INT setting.

17INT (consider FFB on 100, ‘’LIN on’’, FOR 120 and in game 2) is for me in GT sport a good detail and strength

Regarding ABS you said you have the setting ON, but the available settings for ABS are either OFF or a value between 1 and 100 so I don't get what ON means then.

Whatever, if you like the settings, go for it, just wanted to leave some suggestions because for having good control over the car and getting most out of the FFB they don't seem right to me.

Driver 365 available, to replace 361 which was taken down previously.  

Changelog since 361:

• Tuning Menu Setting ABS changed the name to BLI (Brake Level Indicator). The reason is the ABS tuning menu setting never worked as real ABS and now having a real ABS setting in FanaLab causes confusion. The functionality of ABS didn't change, it is still triggering vibration when your braking input exceeds the set value.

There is no ABS in the menu anymore and I was forgotten to adjust it to BLI.

The BLI setting I use are on 100 all the time.

I think everybody has a different view/setting because it’s a lot to take in.

Every game is different and you have so much option to choose from.

I really like these settings for GT sport and I did try a lot of settings over the year.

Gr

• Hey Alexandros Annivas

Can I ask you what your best setting are in GT sport so I can compare them with my settings?

If you have better settings everybody on this discussion can try them out and give a review on it and let us know what they think about it?

Gr

• While I agree, you want to have the most out of your wheelbase in every game. And I can't imagine that GT Sport is an exception here. I play various different titles and for all of them I have around the same settings, sometimes lowering or increasing some settings to fine tune the base for every title.

• I have a different view on that because if you look at project car 2 ps4 and GT sport ps4 there is a big different in how the game is handling FFB.

I never had a good feel in project cars 2 ps4 and can't get the FFB right whatever I do.

on the PC they have a file that changes the hole FFB experiance of the game so in my opinion there is a lot of difference in FFB in games otherwise you don't have to use an other file to make it right.