Xbox Series X HELP

Could someone please explain why Xbox doesn't like Sim racing? my wheel rev lights, display, switches, rollers and extra buttons do not work? what is going on Xbox.

quick search and it seems crazy but this has been a problem for sometime, is there any hope for us or should I give up hope? such a shame as the Series X is very good.

my setup:

the Fanatec CSL Elite - Clubsport fomula V2 - Xbox Series X

Recently switched from PS4 (everything worked) to Xbox Series X and I'm very happy, but can't believe Microsoft hasn't fixed this issue yet.

any clarity on this issue would help,

thanks

Luke

Comments

• Thats the case since forever because Microsoft still did not updated their Xbox OS code to support those things.

You have to raise your voice against Microsoft so they see the need that they finally have to update their shit code after all these years...

• hello Mr. Böschen, I fully agree with Luke Durrant. Fanatec produces super steering wheels with only half the function for the Xbox. Unfortunately, Fanatec (you) always refers to the end user. The big company fanatec should have more influence on Microsoft than individual end users. How about if fanatec initiates something like this and is signed by fanatec owners. Your company certainly knows who to turn to at Microsoft and what exactly it is about. I think fanatec could do a lot for that. Many greetings to your boss Thomas Jackermeier. Written by a Fanatec fan with a lot of Fanatec equipment, with best regards, Reinhard Benischek, Germany.

• So even with the New Xbox series x... this !#@$ still doesn't work? wow.... I just can't even right now

• This is a terrible situation. I've just bought a clubsport formula V2 wheel. It shouldn't be sold as "fully compatible" with Xbox when it's clearly not. Fanatec need to take ownership, be clear on the sales and product description that key functionality doesnt work on this wheel, and stop labelling it as Xbox compatible. If you cant use half the buttons then what's the point?

Fanatec, what are you doing in association with Microsoft to resolve this problem with them - is there ever going to be a fix? Can you let your customers know what to expect, e.g. you've agreed a patch will be worked upon with MS else it will never be fixed?

Totally unacceptable to shrug shoulders and just say to your customer base to figure it out with Microsoft themselves.

• edited February 2021

This is an absolutely excellent point: if the issue really is Microsoft’s and Fanatec really care about it, they should provide us the platform to rally behind Fanatec so that the issue can get sorted. Fanatec have the contacts at Microsoft and this would be much more effective, rather than telling us to go and try to persuade Microsoft as individuals, which we all know will lead nowhere.

I will also add, at the time of Maurice’s post (Nov 20), I had a Logitech G923 - when that comment was posted, all the extra buttons and rev lights above that of a standard controller were supported on that wheel for ACC on Xbox (I don’t own the wheel anymore as I sold it in December 20 to fund my Fanatec purchase).

Something was possible then and in any case, something can be done about it now.

Irrespective of the technicalities and reasons about why this has not already been achieved, Fanatec at least can come forwards and explain what the situation really is, explain what they need to do to get it working, and explain what they are doing against this to address the issue, as they are clearly behind behind the curve on this.

From what I understand, the G923 had these extra features working due to a 2-step process:

1) Logitech created an additional SDK to enable the features on Xbox.

2) The ACC game devs used this to support that additional inputs and rev lights.

Further information on this can be found here, as well as 2 separate video examples of the G923 supporting additional inputs and rev lights:

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/75213-calling-all-fanatec-xbox-users-proof-that-additional-wheel-inputs-can-be-achieved/

• Fanatec say call microsoft, microsoft say call Fanatec.......

• And round and round we will go. You cannot allow Fanatec to tell you to ask Microsoft anymore, and this should be constructively challenged at every turn. The simple fact remains, Logitech did it and Fanatec can also do it - the method is clear.

Fanatec can create a SDK - that’s what Logitech did. This seems to apply to any wheel manufacturer that wants to get additional functionality supported and the situation is not unique to Fanatec.

Please read the information in the linked post, it has everything you need to constructively challenge Fanatec’s position.

• It takes more respect for the customers who give you a lot of money....perhaps even more than it should

• Bein in a leading position does not give these rights

• Remember that money is made with consoles, not whit pc....see assetto corsa competizione, they made 100 milion in earnings by opening to consoles

• It's been my monthly search "xbox one fanatec Rev lights". And every month a see a post and it goes round and round and round.

It's a shame, when I've bought my dd1 I wasn't aware of this problem, if I did probably I've had picked the PS version.

Now fanatec have 2 options, or fanatec starts to sell xbox compatible products with a big "*" or fanatec deals with Microsoft.

On does two isn't our part on the story to talk to, we've paid for a service and we've got 75%.... And what we pay is more than enough to have someone at fanatec talking to xbox. I had big hopes with the new series, but seems to me that neither Microsoft, neither Fanatec are concerned with there xbox costumers.

• The realy solution? PC and SIMCUBE.....

• I don't see it that way, cause I've tested my fanatec on a pc and it was great, the solution is someone taking measures and give us what I've paid for. After all that's what we are all here asking

• Right......but how many times for this? tomorow for me is too late....today is impossible....so?

• Definitely mine next console will not be an xbox, after 15 years of xbox...what a disappointment....

• There is also evidence of other types of 3rd party peripherals being supported on Xbox: https://fselite.net/news/honeycomb-aeronautical-reveals-new-controls-xbox-support-and-more/

Clearly, Microsoft will allow things like wheels and devices with lots of inputs etc to be supported, and as stated in the post on the Codemaster forum, it seems there is some truth that the peripheral manufacturer must make the SDK/software to get the equipment supported. The finger pointing to Microsoft and lack of engagement/transparency on this seems to back this up.

The evidence is stacking up against Fanatec and it’s a shame, because, if the lack of engagement is anything to go by, this will not be resolved soon. We can only keep asking the questions and putting the evidence in front of them.

• I too blamed this fully on Microsoft until I found all this out about the G923. Real question is how do we make them listen? How do we get them to build the SDK needed?

Xbox obviously could also make it much easier by allowing more inputs in their SDK but with the proof that Fanatec "could" do it if they wanted to, as logitech proved, I just wish they would as it would help them sell hardware to more Xbox customers. Hell the Formula V2 comes in Xbox branded packaging.

I just hope they take notice, I just spent A LOT of money on a Fanatec setup! Probably could pay for the SDK with my purchase alone.

• #WHATS THE POINT OF THIS FORUM WHEN NO ONE FROM FANATEC IS ON HERE TO RESPOND?

ANYWAY I RECENTLY GOT THE XBOX SERIES X AFTER BEING ON THE PS4. I COULDNT BELIEVE THE BUTTON MAPPING WAS EVEN WORSE ON XBOX. I THOUGHT THE PS4 WAS BAD.

COME ON FANATEC?! WANT TO CHIME IN HERE?!?! NOT A PEEP FROM YOU ALL?

HOW ABOUT A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT FOR FALSE ADVERTISEMENT ANYONE? THAT MIGHT GET THIER ATTENTION

• And the Fanatec team is making the sound of a bunch of crickets...

would be much appreciated if they could provide us with a statement, when they will “solve” this problem.

eventually the will hire the geek who will write the software. ;-)