Compatibility: podium hub with ps4 DD1 wheelbase

Question: will the podium hub allow me to use third party wheels with my PS4 podium wheelbase to play playstation games?

Comments

• No, unfortunately not.

You'll need at least the PS4 Button and the "X" button to register your wheel/base once at the PS4 main menu to use it.

Means, it works with the universal hub including the button clusters (or the top buttons), but not for the Podium Hub, as it has no buttons at all.

• Thanks, Michael!

Far as you (or anyone else) knows, is there a way to use a third party wheel with my PS4 DD1 to get it to play Playstation games - or should I give up the chase?

• Hi Derek,

you're going to need the Universal Hub with button clusters mounted and the funky switch. On top of that, you can mount any rim with 6x70mm or 3x50mm screw pattern. However, you'll have to check the clearance for the button clusters.

This is the hub: https://fanatec.com/eu-en/steering-wheels/clubsport-steering-wheel-universal-hub-for-xbox-one

And don't get irritated by the XBox naming, it works on the PS... Additionally, the XBox logo on top of the funky switch is just a sticker, underneath is the Fanatec "F". Maybe, it isn't even mounted, my one was second hand, so I can't tell.

• Thanks!

Not sure if this is going to work well with my f1 wheel options..but will check it out.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Derek,

You can actually use the Podium Hub on PlayStation, if you a) use the Button Cluster Pack (to add PS button functionality), which may not be suitable for the third-party wheel you're talking about, or b) use a different Fanatec wheel that has PS button functionality to initiate the sign in, and then swap to the Podium Hub. I assume that you have the wheel that came with your "Podium Racing Wheel F1" package, so you already have a suitable wheel to do this.

The majority of PlayStation racing games allow the use of the gamepad to operate the menus, so the fact that the Podium Hub has no buttons is not an issue.

But there is a different problem: it sounds like you want to use a 'full', third-party steering wheel on a PlayStation, i.e. one that requires a separate USB connection. This is not possible on a console, only a PC.

You can bolt anything you like to the front of a Podium Hub (e.g. a basic wheel rim with no buttons) for use on a PlayStation. But if you want to use the buttons on a third-party steering wheel, this only possible on PC, because it requires a separate USB connection.

[Fanatec Community Manager]