CSW 2.5 base fans running at max speed

I just received my CSW 2.5 wheel base today and everything started off good and did some test driving with it, but when I restarted the base and updated the firmware, the fans are now running at max speed. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers but same result. Disconnected the base from the machine and the fans are still running at max speed. Was trying some iracing and there is also no force feedback and no weight to the wheel as well.

Is there anything else that I can try or does it need to be returned.

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Samuel, did you update both the wheel base and the motor firmware?

• Samuel, my fans kick in during heavy use, but then spin down when things cool down - I suspect Dominics suggestion is helpful - connect the wheel, load the fanatec control panel and then there should be 2-3 update buttons, be sure to hit each one in order - hopefully one of them will let you upgrade.

Also be sure you calibrated the wheel center! It might sit in limbo until that's done after the driver update.

• The base is updated to the latest firmware. Wheelbase is at firmware 680, the motor firmware is at 22, and the steering wheel is at 38. And the drivers are the latest at 381. Tried going back to previous drivers but still running into the same issue. Pretty much out of options, after every update I calibrated the wheel when CAL was listed in the settings. Just with the power connected, after it goes through the initial boot, the fans immediately turn on at high speed. I have the first version CSL wheel base and have had no issues. The fans spin when it is in use then they turn off when idle. The CSW fans are just going full speed at the start.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

If the wheel base is very cold, it can trigger the fans to run at high RPM, but they should settle after a few minutes of use. If the fans never drop from max then there might be a hardware issue. Please open a support ticket via the My Products section of your Fanatec account.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Thanks for the advice, I did put a support ticket in a couple days ago while troubleshooting the wheel base and waiting for someone to get back to me on it.