Fanatec on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
edited February 2016 in Blog
Here is the long awaited news about PlayStation 4 and Project CARS.

With the ClubSport Wheel V2 you can play all three versions of Project CARS.

Please note that for Xbox One you still need to add a Xbox One compatible steering wheel rim while on the PS4 the wheels will work as they are and you don't even need to put them in PlayStation mode.

The first Xbox One steering wheel will be announced very soon.

Press release:

Slightly Mad Studios and Fanatec are proud to announce today that Project CARS will now support a range of Fanatec hardware on both PlayStation®4 and Xbox One.

"Wheels, pedals, and gear sticks are the natural input devices for racing games; we have an innate knowledge of how they work from real life and they provide the most immersive, authentic experience for gamers.” said Andy Tudor, Creative Director. "So as we near the launch of Project CARS we’re pleased to announce additional support for the following Fanatec hardware on  PC, PlayStation®4 and Xbox One…"
PC & PLAYSTATION®4

Porsche 911 Turbo S
Porsche 911 GT2
Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2
CSR
CSR Elite
PC, PLAYSTATION®4 & XBOX ONE

ClubSport Wheel Base 
ClubSport Wheel Base v2
“Gamers have been enjoying the solid build quality, integrated technology, and pure driving sensation of these fantastic products for a while now on PC and previous-generation platforms but through a continued collaboration with the team at Fanatec players are now going to be able to use the wheels they already own or are thinking of purchasing with Project CARS via an update on day one.”

“The quality of the input devices play an important role in the immersion factor of a simulation and especially our ClubSport series delivers an automotive quality and experience level. We are now bringing this level to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and Project CARS is the perfect title to make best use of our technology. This combination is a new milestone on gaming consoles.” (Thomas Jackermeier, CEO Endor AG / Fanatec)

Comments

• edited March 2015
    So now I'll have to go and buy a PS4 TOO....JUST to play PCars...LoL
  • This is awesome for PS4 owners. And CSWv1 owners. Great job Fanatec!
  • edited March 2015

I feel sorry for those , PS4, who sold their Fanatec gear to buy the V2 and now...THAT LATE...they come to see that ALL gear works with PS4.

THINK you could have made that announcement WAY sooner Thomas!

Will it also work with Driveclub?

• I feel sorry for those , PS4, who sold their Fanatec gear to buy the V2 and now...THAT LATE...they come to see that ALL gear works with PS4.

THINK you could have made that announcement WAY sooner Thomas!

Will it also work with Driveclub?

Pretty sure this is only for Pcars. Sony said some games could make older compatibility specifically just for their product if desired. I believe Slightly Mad have done just that.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    On PS3 and PS4 there is no generic wheel support within the operating system like it is on Xbox 360 or One.

On PS every game needs to integrate special drivers to make a peripheral work. But it is not difficult to implement those drivers. The challenge for us was to develop those drivers. We now gave the drivers to the game developers and you can expect more compatible games in future.
  • This is awesome!
    Well done Thomas and well done SMS. I think Dillon is right, Sony always said it was up to developers to add support for old HW if they wished to do so and Sony would not block them.

Eagerly awaiting the X1 rim announcement :)
  • edited March 2015

Only wished I knew this 2 weeks SOONER!!!!! Now all LE are sold out for PS4 !!! :-& :((

BUT well done Fanatec team !!! So a firmware update available too pretty soon ?

• Looks Like i Will Be Getting a PS4 This Afternoon!!!
  • I'll have to get a PCars LE somewhere before I buy a PS4

• Das sind doch mal Topp News. Freut mich das es für die PS4 Benutzer solch einen breiten Support gibt.
  • Awesome news !

I hope will also works on Driveclub, I know it's pure arcade but is fun !
    Real simulators like Pcars for me is better on PC.

Hope the XB1 rim will be realease very soon !

Thank You to all Fanatec team for the great work !
  • Wow, what a great news! I love you all fanatec folks, including you, Thomas!
    I am eager for the Xbox one wheel, but I can still have fun either on PC or PS4!
    Fortunately I have all 3 platforms.
    Good job Thomas!
  • Merci Thomas ;-) et toutes votre équipe , merci aussi pour la qualité des volants
  • Also great the V1 and V1.5 base will work with XOne
  • the PS4 compatibility , is it just for Project Cars or other games like DriveClub , The Crew .....etc ????

I think we just have to waait for the new firmware ...............!!!!
  • On PS3 and PS4 there is no generic wheel support within the operating system like it is on Xbox 360 or One.

On PS every game needs to integrate special drivers to make a peripheral work. But it is not difficult to implement those drivers. The challenge for us was to develop those drivers. We now gave the drivers to the game developers and you can expect more compatible games in future.

• The Formula Carbon might not have been the best picture to show for the CSW base compatibility. People will assume older rims will work with X1.
  • Fantastic news ! Pity I went out and purchased TM T300 & T3PA pedals, never thought it would happen in time for pcars, should have had more faith in Fanatec. I've also just ordered a CPX adapter , to use the CS pedals with the T300. Teach me not to panic, all a waste of money now. 
  • Just sell em Granville...I know it'll be sold quickly
    Fantastic news ! Pity I went out and purchased TM T300 & T3PA pedals, never thought it would happen in time for pcars, should have had more faith in Fanatec. I've also just ordered a CPX adapter , to use the CS pedals with the T300. Teach me not to panic, all a waste of money now. 
    There will be more offers which make you come back. At least you still have the right pedals ;)
  • Wochenlang ungerechtfertigt verbale Prügel bezogen und jetzt die Nörgler mit einer News mundtot gemacht. *Applaus* ;-)

Mein altes CSR ist direkt ein wenig mehr Wert beim Verkauf, ist schließlich nun auch kompatibel zur PS4. Fehlt nur noch das Xbox One Lenkrad für meine V2 Basis und ich kann endlich wieder Platz in meinem CSL nehmen. Laufe aber noch "schwanger" damit ob ich mir nicht den neuen Shifter auch noch zulegen soll und zwar als Kombination H-Schaltung und Sequentiell.

Warte aber erst noch das Lenkrad für die One ab. Das wird sowieso sofort bestellt wenn es im Shop verfügbar ist. Ich höre von Euch. :-)
  • Just sell em Granville...I know it'll be sold quickly
    Yes you are probably right, I was on a waiting list for the CPX adapter, 6 months !!!!! 
    I wonder if Fanatec will make dedicated PS4 GT rim,      slightly smaller and lighter than the BMW  rim would be perfect.
  • Josha CraigJosha Craig Member
    edited March 2015
    Now the question is does the Xbox wheel work on PC/PS4 if it just needs PC mode on PS4 it culd be one wheel to rule them all, or if I should just by a PC/PS4 wheel now and the xbox one later. I guess I can just use my Turbo S on PS4 in hte meantime for project cars, still haven't preordered any version yet, may wait for xbox wheel info, it is better to use Xbox version because that can stay on a separate TV. 
  • Fantastic news ! Pity I went out and purchased TM T300 & T3PA pedals, never thought it would happen in time for pcars, should have had more faith in Fanatec. I've also just ordered a CPX adapter , to use the CS pedals with the T300. Teach me not to panic, all a waste of money now. 
    There will be more offers which make you come back. At least you still have the right pedals ;)
    Not sold my Fanatec gear Thomas, V2 is to good to sell,  just needed to be able to play pcars on PS4 day one !  I'll sell my Thrustmaster gear now. Really pleased I can use the V2 on pcars now.
  • what offers thomas, multiple wheels deals would be nice, xbox wheel and PC/PS4 one. 
  • edited March 2015
    On PS3 and PS4 there is no generic wheel support within the operating system like it is on Xbox 360 or One.

This is awesome! 

Just to clarify will the following hardware work on PS4 (Project Cars) once attached to the CWB V2?
    - Clubsport Shifter SQ
    - Clubsport Pedal V2
    - Handbrake

Because I don't see on Project Cars website any mention on the pedals and the shifter under PS4 (while it is there on PC), just the wheel...it would be really a shame if I can't use the shifter but maybe it's just a matter of time
    :(
    This is awesome! 

Just to clarify will the following hardware work on PS4 (Project Cars) once attached to the CWB V2?
    - Clubsport Shifter SQ
    - Clubsport Pedal V2
    - Handbrake

Because I don't see on Project Cars website any mention on the pedals and the shifter under PS4 (while it is there on PC), just the wheel...it would be really a shame if I can't use the shifter but maybe it's just a matter of time
    They should all work but I haven't tested it yet
  • If the X1 rim will work with the v1 for Pcars, does that mean the v1 base will work on Forza 5/6 also?
  • edited March 2015
    Just sell em Granville...I know it'll be sold quickly
    Yes you are probably right, I was on a waiting list for the CPX adapter, 6 months !!!!! 
    I wonder if Fanatec will make dedicated PS4 GT rim,      slightly smaller and lighter than the BMW  rim would be perfect.

The CPX is worth it's money in GOLD Granville...put it on e bay or similar and it'll go trough the roof !!!

@ Thomas...could you please please please let us XBoxers know that it is possible to have an XOne rim at home when PCars hits the shelves......cause I'm allready mailing people for a second hand PS4...real frustrating to be kept in the dark...

YEAH YEAH I know....I chose so BUT STILL

• On PS3 and PS4 there is no generic wheel support within the operating system like it is on Xbox 360 or One.

This is awesome! 

- Clubsport Shifter SQ
    - Clubsport Pedal V2
    - Handbrake

If they are connected to the wheel base they will work !