ACC: 5-second freezes after replacing TM pedals with V3's. Also booting issues.

edited December 2020 in Assetto Corsa

Hi, I hope this is the right place to ask for advice.

As the title says: recently I replaced my Thrustmaster T3PA Pro pedals with the awesome V3's. But now once in every 30 minutes the game freezes for around 5 seconds and then I'm teleported into the wall. Wheel and pedal inputs still seem to register during those 5 seconds.

Also when the pedals are connected my PC sometimes does not boot correctly anymore, and instead goes straight into Windows 10 Repair Mode. This does not happen when the pedals are not connected.

The pedals are connected directly via USB because my wheelbase is the TS-PC Racer from TM. I have tried Fanatec drivers 380 and 381. Motherboard and graphics card drivers are up to date (MSI X99 Raider / GeForce 970 GTX).

Any tips would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Benjamin,

Have you tried a different USB port? Generally it is better to use the ports on the back of the PC (directly attaching to the motherboard).

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Hi Dominic, thank you for the quick response. Yes I have tried them all (front and back, 2.0 and 3.0).

• Do you have any other suggestions I should try? On one hand the pedals are awesome, but on the other hand I'm really disappointed as almost every sprint race gets ruined.

Things I've tried:

Tried all USB ports. Updated motherboard/bios. Updated Thrustmaster TS-PC wheelbase driver. Tried Fanatec 380 and 381 drivers.

Windows will still not boot with the pedals connected and ACC still randomly freezes for 5 seconds each race.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

• Fixed both problems by going into my boot options and removing all devices from the boot sequence (other than my C-drive of course).