ClubSport Wheel Bases discussion

Comments

• edited July 2020

Hi John,

Beta driver 361 has had a lot of problems and was withdrawn. Then a new beta driver 365 is under development which a few people are using.

Better uninstall everything and downgrade to the last stable driver that was out for CSW V2.5, or upgrade to beta 365.

• I have a ClubSport base with GT Forza Motorsport XBOX ONE steering wheel and I am having a problem. I was having issues in iRacing so I figured I would attempt to remove and reinstall the drivers hoping to fix the problem. After doing so now the base wont even turn on. What is going on? I could use all the help I need.

• Question , I just purchased 2.5 and made the mistake like so many others and also purchased the Porsche 911 wheel , only to find out $600 and it doesn’t work with the base, I also read threads from 8mos ago that a update was coming to make it all work!!! Is this true ? Or should I just cancel fanatec order n go elsewhere? This is very frustrating, no one seem to know anything

• I also read threads from 8mos ago that a update was coming to make it all work!!! Is this true ?

Yes, the update will come soon.

• edited August 2020

There is one update that is coming with the new drivers.

If your base is CSW 2.5 in the beta 365 section try to contact Marcel Pfister via PM to give you the testing file for the BME on the CSW 2.5 bases.

Some users already got it this way and haven't report any issues.

• Travis GreeneTravis Greene Member
    edited August 2020

• Unboxed my CS V2.5 yesterday and immediately on powering it up the light around the power button flashed red and nothing else happened. I installed the latest driver, however light continued to flash red and wheelbase was not detected by windows. I uninstalled the latest driver and installed the previous version of the driver, light still continued to flash red.

I was able to have base temporarily detected by windows by going into update mode (blue light). I ran the firmware update which finished successfully and restarted the wheelbase, light.

Note: Even with base unplugged from pc (disconnected usb), powering it up produces flashing red light. Any advice out there? Thanks much.

• Did you get this sorted Keith? I read somewhere else that their power button was sticking a little. Can you try prying it out a little or quickly pressing it in and out a few times and see if the connection is working properly or if it loosens up?

• Unfortunately the power button was not sticking (which usually results in wheel base going into 'blue light' update mode). I sent a video to Fanatec of the symptoms and they told me to ship the original wheel base back and they would start the RMA process.

• Hello,

On a new purchase of equipment, when I attach my formula v2 steering wheel to the clubsport v2.5 base, the base is extended.

I remove the steering wheel, I turn on the base again, no initialization, the power button flashes red

the driver is 373.

Thank you for your answers.

• Hi.
    Maybe someone can give advice.
    There is a CSW base V1.
    After the firmware update, the problems came.
    At first he didn’t want to recognize the wheel (true for a Fanatec elite sterning wheel P1), but no other wheel.
    Then he thought of one and when I turn it on the bootloader mod starts. 
    It writes to the firmware, restarts, but the engine shuts down after a test. 
    And cannot be turned on.
    I rewrote the old firmware.
    Now drive 222 (BETA) to FW V037.
    Willing to leave.
    But he sees every steering wheel as a ClubSport BMW M3 GT2.
    There is no FFB, no vibration, no display.
    No red led.
    I'm starting to despair.
    Anyone have advice on this?

• edited September 2020

I think the driver 222 is to old to support the P1 wheel.

Also as per the compatibility in the product page of the P1 wheel start from CSW V2. (your CSW is not mentioned).

While the BMW wheel, as per compatibility description, is with all Clubsport Wheel Bases.

EDIT: Although discontinued you can download your base's drivers in the link below. Hope it helps.

https://fanatec.com/eu-en/racing-wheels-wheel-bases/wheel-bases/clubsport-wheel-base#downloads

• I tried with another government.

The result is the same.

One error was solved, the bootload problem.

The power button ribbon cable was faulty.

However, you do not want to set the middle position at all.

The 900 degree shell uses 300 degrees.

Plus, quite interestingly.

If I set it to the center, turning left indicates a zero after 90 degrees, the numbers change slowly at first and then accelerate.

• Is it possible to accidentally delete the firmware on the 2.5 while attempting to update? I keep getting "Default hex loading failed" and the wheel seems to be permanently stuck in update mode with the blue blinking light.

• I have the porsche 918 RSR Wheel with the Fanatec Porsche V2.5 Base and it was working perfectly for over a week, then one morning i come in and power on to only have it shake, not go through its normal start up process, and then either blink red or turn on to not work correctly.... i have tried every usb port, every driver, and nothing....... PLEASE HELP!!!

• edited November 2020

edited

• Hello,

I need help with 2 situations regarding the Fanatec CSW V2.5 with the Universal hub.

When i turn the wheel to maximum rotation, when it reaches like 90% i have to make some force to rotate until 100%. Is that normal?

The other thing is that i ear a "Cracky" sound when steering to the left. Any idea?

PC Driver 381

Wheek Base Firmware 680

Wheel Base Motor Firmware 22

Thanks

• CSW V2.5 Not Connecting to Xbox One

Seems that the wheelbase is only in PC mode (red lights on around power button) and I am unable to return to Xbox One mode (green lights around power button). I used the wheel with no issue on Sunday but have been unable to connect to the Xbox since then.

So far I have re-installed both the wheelbase and wheelbase motor firmware. I have also re-calibrated the wheel following these updates.

Tl;dr - How do I reconnect my wheelbase to my Xbox?

• Please have a look at the quick guide of your steering wheel and press the buttons to switch modes.

• The double window and x button mode switch has not been resolving this issue.

• Do you just have the universal hub or additionally the BME for example?

• Hi guys! I'm looking to upgrade from my T300RS to a Fanatec CSW V2.5. However I'll have to desk mount it (for now) since I don't have a rig. I'm curious to know your thoughts about desk mounting this base, since it's definitely more on the powerful side.

The desk I'm looking to buy is this one from IKEA: https://www.ikea.com/be/nl/p/fredde-bureau-zwart-50219044/

I would really appreciate your opinion/experiences. A CSL elite is also an option but since I have the money for a CSW, I think it's better to go with that, if the desk can handle it of course.

• attempt 2

I need help with 2 situations regarding the Fanatec CSW V2.5 with the Universal hub.

When i turn the wheel to maximum rotation, when it reaches like 90% i have to make some force to rotate until 100%. Is that normal?

The other thing is that i ear a "Cracky" sound when steering to the left. Any idea?

PC Driver 381

Wheek Base Firmware 680

Wheel Base Motor Firmware 22

Thanks

• Hi,

That looks a litle to fragil for the csw....or even the csl elite. I have the CSW 2.5 in a rig. You need something stronger. Maybe a old office desk or something that you can put weight on it.

Cheers.

• Hi, I am experiencing a bit of wheel jitter with my CSW v2.5. When I'm not touching the wheel and when the wheel's near the neutral position, the sensor jumps back and forth (see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-avmb4Kx54). This is really minute, but because the game I'm playing rotates the camera with the steering input, when trying to go dead-straight the camera view jitters every so slightly (but still visible). Any way to filter this out?

• Hi,

I'll be relocating my ClubSport v2.5 wheel base soon and I will need a longer USB cable than the original.

The original USB has ferrite on both sides and I guess it is a USB 2.0 cable.

Is it necessary to have ferrite on both ends of the new cable? (about 5 m long) Is a USB 3.0 or 3.1 cable recommended?

Thanks,

Imre

• Is the Update for the Podium Porsche Wheel out now??

• which update do you mean? The BME is compatible to the CSW for months now!!

• Guys, please help me to find manual for Clubsport Base with new Tunnig parametrs.

I was found BLI in tunning menu but not in official manual.