Restocking estimate for sold out CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 V2

Hello and Happy New Year to all. After extensive research, I decided to build a Fanatec setup with a ClubSport Wheel Base v2.5, V3 pedals, and the new McLaren GT3 V2 wheel. Imagine my disappointment yesterday when I put my wish list in the shopping cart and the wheel was sold out. It would be very helpful if Fanatec would provide an estimate of when these steering wheels will be restocked. Thanks

Fair winds and following seas to all.

Comments

• Fanatec always provides estimated dates for pre orders. Currently the wheel is on backorder for the 15th of February in the EU shop.

• Thanks for the response, Sascha. I didn't think to point out that I am in the US, where it only says "Sold Out".

• I could have asked too :) Nevertheless, should be around the same date, the "Sold Out" is probably a website bug.

• I don't mean to be harsh towards Fanatec, but I suspect that it's a supply chain issue rather than someone fat-fingering a keyboard. Australia, Europe, and Japan still have pre-order availability. In the mean time, I'm still seeing ads for the wheel on a daily basis, and I'm ready to pre-order my bundle for my fast approaching birthday. I hope to see a response from Fanatec once they've returned from Holiday. :)

Fair winds and following seas.

• A big thank you to whomever at Fanatec updated the website availability info on the CSL Elite McLaren GT3 V2 wheel. The only downside to this is that my research stalled my order placement and instead of a January ship date, it's now 29 March. The good note is that I have plenty of time to finish a remodeling project on the house before the setup arrives. Thanks to everyone that helped.

• GySgt USMCGySgt USMC Member
    edited January 2021

Update: Just finished my daily order status check, and the availability date for my McLaren GT3 V2 wheel has changed from 29 March to 19 February (although the main product page still reflects 29 March). In hoping that 19 February is correct, I'd like to say "Wooooohooooo! (Note that this is a US order.)

• Update: This is a US order for the McLaren GT3 V2 wheel. The product page now shows 20 Jan 2021 as the availability date, while my order page still shows 19 Feb 2021.

Best to all.

• I ordered my Wheel 5 weeks ago and held a delivery date of 1/20 during that time. I got a email today saying the same old “Fanatec” line

Due to the pandemic, the cargo ship from China containing your product has been delayed. As all orders leave our warehouse only once all ordered items are in stock, this means your shipment, including any additional items you may have purchased, will be postponed until roughly February 9, 2021.

yet the site says 1/20 so BUYER BEWARE!!!! Sadly I’ve found it’s not first in first out and knew better than to preorder. The delay isn’t a big deal I have 4 wheels now. It’s not updating your site to be honest with your customers that bothers me.

The customers that have been waiting get an email saying the same old. Your order is delayed yet your site is telling people these are available tomorrow. Be honest with your customers and guess what they’ll understand..

I’ve spend 3k plus with Fanatec since April 2020 and only one order wasn’t delayed.

• Wheel availability dates as of 20 Jan 2021:

EU...................... 23 Feb

US / Canada...... 19 Feb

Japan.................. 25 March

Australia............. 5 April

I'm so excited to receive my Fanatec setup, this reminds me of counting down a short-time calendar while waiting to return to the US from an overseas tour. 29 and a wake-up! (at least the product page availability date now matches my order availability date)

• New Updated Restock date for US is March 5th. :(