Clubsport 2.5 heavy oversteer

Hi all,

i recently upgraded to the Clubsport 2.5 wheelbase and pedals. I am using it on a brand new pc with nvidia 3070.

The wheel feels nice and robust but unfortunately in game i get heavy oversteer no matter what.

When the car starts sliding even a little bit it escalades to a full one eighty. First i thought it was an ingame software issue because some games do not support wheels very well, but nope same thing occurs to beamng, forza franchise, assetto corsa, etc.

I started from the default settings which did not work for me and tried almost anything, (more than a month now), multiple wheel rotations, ffb effects, nothing works.

I will try to explain what happens, when the back starts to slide, even if i opposite lock countersteer, the car continues to slide until it stops on a wall mostly.

I am using the latest fanatec driver and i am open on suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• try lowering the DRI setting to somewhat like -2 or -3 to add some damping to the wheel to make it less sensitive. Did you also check the steering sensitivity to be set to 900° on the wheel and ingame? They should match!

• i have tried with all of the DRI options, and many rotation sets from 540 to 900 to auto. I get heavy oversteer.

With 540 rotation and -2 dri and extra presicion on countersteering you may catch the oversteer but this is not normal.

I am starting to think that there is something wrong with the driver. I had no such problem with my old wheel.

• maybe you aren't used to the higher forces the CSW is capable of, set the FFB down and get used to it first.

• edited January 2021

I am going to upload a video from Assetto Corsa with default settings, to see what i am talking about.

The car slides even at very low speeds. I tried to drive with 50% gain on ffb. Same thing. It is as if my back tyres are on ice.

I also get a lot of oscillation. If i let go the wheel at speed it goes crazy, same when i brake.

• yeah better share a video.

Because from what you write it sounds more like an issue with the settings of the game itself, would you mind sharing your ingame settings?

Also which car are you driving? oscillations again can be turned down with negative drift values.

• Csl elite ps4

I have same problem ...

• Update, i found that if i apply post ffb processing in Assetto corsa through gamma or lut the oversteering issues are fixed.

I would like to see something like that (gamma wheel rotation curve) built in the fanatec driver.