WRC 9 DD2, R300 Podium, Heusinkveld My 2 Cents

These settings work really well for me, especially Turkey and Mexico. I spent a number of hours driving around in circles on the test tracks before I even considered trying 200. This all started after I happened upon a video by Barry about correctly setting up the wheel. After taking the time to set SEN and Deadzone correctly among other things, it really handles nice and you feel everything in the road. Once I hit that sweet spot I could immediately feel a difference in the way the car handled, ffb and the way it slid thru corners with the handbrake.

If the game doesn't feel right I would suggest doing what I did, the settings on a test track work equally well in a Rally. In the past I understood to a degree why you couldn't find Fanatec settings for WRC or Nascar, out of the box they are both horrible, and I've never been able to fix Nascar 4 so that still sucks. But now it boggles the mind that Fanatec sells a WRC wheel but doesn't offer any settings. Not after getting it setup correctly. Unless it's not the same across all the wheel lines and they don't want to post settings for one wheel and not others. Just speculation on my part.

I've never driven a Rally Car but I did spend my childhood riding an Enduro motorcycle on trails similar to the Turkey Rally and now it reminds me of those days. After playing Dirt Rally for over 1800 hours it's nice to know I have something to hold me over till 2023. I can honestly say WRC 9 will now that it's setup correctly. You should spend some time doing what I did if you're unhappy with the game.

Would appreciate any feedback on the settings.

Robert

DD2 (400 driver)

R300 Podium

Heusinkveld Pedals, Shifter and Handbrake.

Fanatec Wheel Properties

PC Mode

SEN 200

FF 49

LIN OFF

NDP 33

NFR 52

NIN Off

INT Off

FEI 80

FOR 90

SPR 90

DPR 90

BLI OFF

SHO OFF

Left

Sensitivity 0

Deadzone 9

Saturation 95

Rescale Off

Invert On

Right

Sensitivity 0

Deadzone 9

Saturation 95

Rescale Off

Invert Off

Max Wheel Angle 200

Overall Force 100

Self Aligning Torgue 104

Tyre Load 111

Self Centre 100

Recreate Force 100

Overall Vibration 79

Tyre Slip 67

Suspension 66

Ground Surface 67

Engine 68

Collision 69

Throttle Pedal 0

Brake Pedal 0

Comments

• Very... Interesting settings which I woild bet nobody else is using....

• Maurice

what are your settings?

Fanatec is official supporter of the game wrc9.

• The distain some people exude is off-putting. Your setup smooths out my highspeed correction ability. Good looking out.

• I tried those - feel awful to me - just vibration - no car steering feedback etc. Anyone else have any settings for DD?

• edited February 2021

You are correct, and it seems to get worse with each new driver to the point that I was so frustrated thought about switching and emailed Leo Bodner and Simucube. But rather then spend more money I decided to take another shot and redo the settings. With each new firmware update it seems I have to keep lowering the values to eliminate the marble sound in the wheelbase. For Dirt Rally to eliminate the vibration I'm down to 29 for Suspension settings etc. To compensate I increase FFB in wheel properties.

I'll be perfectly honest, in the past I haven't had the nicest things to say about this game or Fanatec, but after taking the time to get these settings straight I'm sticking with Fanatec, when the wheel is setup properly it works really nice and so does WRC. I'm so happy with these settings that instead of switching wheelbases, few days ago I clicked the purchase button for a D-BOX setup.

Can you try the following, not claiming they work with other wheels but with a R300 Podium now you feel everything, I realized this when I went over the bridge in Mexico El Chocolate and felt every texture in the road surface. Another one you can try is Ibarilla Reverse, you can feel it 100 feet off the line there's a big bump. Finland still feels funny but that could just be the road surface.

PC Mode

SEN 240

FF 55

LIN OFF

NDP 6

NFR 14

NIN 3

INT Off

FEI 90

FOR 90

SPR 90

DPR 90

BLI OFF

SHO OFF

Max Wheel Angle 240

Overall Force 100

Self Aligning Torgue 104

Tyre Load 111

Self Centre 102

Recreate Force 102

Overall Vibration 69

Tyre Slip 56

Suspension 56

Ground Surface 56

Engine 52

Collision 47

Throttle Pedal 0

Brake Pedal 0

Sensitivity 0

Deadzone 0

Saturation 95

• The FFB in WRC 9 is really good actually, ONCE you get everything dialed in right. I know the DD1/2 have a few extra setting from my CSW 2.5, but over my time I have noticed a number of things that help.

1. dPr and Spr settings should be used. I know Fanatec says most new games do not use these settings, but WRC 9 does utilize them, especially the dPr setting. dPr is a dynamic force as well, not static, and WRC 9 uses it brilliantly. Using the dPr and Spr on high settings (80-100) will require a drop in both SAT and Tyre Load to not have an overly heavy steering feel.
    2. Tyre Load (in-game setting) seems to be somewhat tied to dPr setting, AND very much tied to the Spr setting. With Spr on in the wheelbase, Tyre Load truly affects the overall weight of the steering.
    3. FEI no lower than 80. Honestly the way WRC 9 handles vibrations I would not go any higher either. Lower than this and you start to lose detail on your grip level.
    4. Vibrations......Tyre Slip is useless and only gets in the way of your sense of grip. Ground surface does the same if set anywhere above 20. Engine and Collision as well. The most important setting is Suspension. I have run with all vibrations turned off EXCEPT for Suspension, and it completely changed the game for me. I get all the surface feel you need. Once dialed in I did add a little bit of Engine and Ground Surface, but only a little as to not muddy up the FFB. Tyre Slip, again, is really useless. Turn it off.

These are just my observations after spending hours trying to learn what each setting really does. Like i said before, it is difficult to get it where you want it in WRC 9, but once you do, it is an absolutely amazing experience.

• Way better!!! Thanks. I may have a fiddle with what Sterling said also. Thanks.