DD2 not working after installation...

Hi everyone.

Order for a Fanatec Podium DD2 placed on 02/14 and broken down upon receipt.

"Wireless Quick Release Update Mode. Error: Connect device failed (Error: Initial ping failure: No response received for ping command).

I have tried EVERYTHING and even applied the few procedures on the forum. Nothing works.

S *** t ! I'm good for service ... unless you have a solution?

Fortunately, it is guaranteed for 5 years...

Comments

• Jim GroveJim Grove Member
    edited February 2021

My DD1 did this after the 381 update. Keep swapping the usb slots in the pc and run firmware again. Eventually mine took. I think I turned it off and on a couple of times as well...I assume it's searching for feedback from the usb port. If it doesn't receive the signal, it shows ping failure. Once you've tried all the slots and the firmware takes, you can actually plug it back into its original pc slot and it'll work as normal.

• OK. Let’s go !

• Unfortunately no. Not working. I tried all the usb sockets again. The base is... dead.

• Hi I recently had the same problem with my wheelbase.fans at 100% and no ffb. I had the same message no ping connection. After installing and uninstalling different firmware I read to do this and it worked.

uninstall current driver in app uninstall,go into device manager and go to the hidden devices and uninstall everything that has fanatec. I had 6 update com ports and other USB firmware items.

then go to control panel and right click the DD1 under printers and Devices.The wheelbase has to be turned on.

it will take you to the same screen as the driver. Click On properties and it will take you into back to default and configuration.Hit back to default and the went through the configuration wizard.

Then installed the latest 402 firmware and proceeded to Install. Turn the wheelbase on and go to update.update the base then you will get the no ping again.click out of it {hit the close button)and it will go to centre wheel then hit next it will go to motor calibration.when I did this an rather large bang was heard.fans back to normal and ffb. just for safe measure I went back into the property page and went to setting and did the wheelbase calibration there as well.

I guess there was that many hidden drivers that the wheel base was getting confused.hope this helps.

• Hi thanks a lot.

I’m in RMA. It’s been a week now. I’m waiting. I’m patient.

• I have the same symptoms. Can you tell me what the problem is?