Clubsport V3 “Flex” when pressing pedals

Anton StalkerAnton Stalker Member
edited March 2021 in Pedals

Hey All,

My Clubsport V3 pedals arrived today and I fitted them to a Gameracer seat base plate at a circa 45 degree angle (see below pic). Everything is set up and works perfectly, but I noticed that when fitted this way the pedals “flex” when used (esp when pressing the brake). I wondered whether this was ok to continue or whether Fanatec recommends against using the pedals this way for long-term durability? I couldn’t see anything in the manual about this topic.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• I wouldn't say it was the peddles flexing probably the rigs baseplate flexing looking at that picture

I've got v3's and no flex whatsoever

• Thank you for your reply Ian. It was hard to tell where the flex was coming from but looks like it’s from the base plate like you suggest

• Might be an idea to upgrade to 80/20 or 80/40 rigs like; Simlab, SimxPro, Motedis, etc etc etc. I once had a Omega Supreme Pro. While it's great for Logitech and Thrustmaster.. It would flex a lot with Fanatec or higher. So I upgraded to Simlab and never looked back. Aluminium extrusionbars are just that good.

• My first rig was looking exactly the same but slightly lesser slope. Even with G920 the rig was flexing as hell. I used to put wooden boxes underneath it. As i was planning to buy a sturdy rig anyway i did not bother. If a better rig is not possible for you the best solution is to weld metal legs at the end of the pedal board as well.

• The flex you are experiencing is likely the pedal plate - it's common with the angled plates that anchor on the forward side. I have a playseat revolution and had similar issues once I switched to load-cell based pedals. One thing you could do is build a pedal support that sits under the top side of the pedal plate... thats what I did, and it worked wonders.. looks like this (ignore my son's toys in the background, lol)

If you want to really eliminate the flex, especially if you play on carpet - mount everything on a stand - this is what I finally ended up doing and now everything is absolutely rock solid - I basically built a 2x4 wood frame and topped it off with a 1" piece of plywood and then carpeted it with speaker cabinet carpet. pic below: