CSW V2.5 - Center Stiction/Chunking

Hello all, new Fanatec owner here! Love this gear so far! So; I play American Truck Simulator and iRacing quite a bit. In both sims, the wheelbase will begin to give some weird 'stiction or chunking' near the center +/- 3 degrees of rotation after about 20 minutes of runtime. This makes minute steering adjustments close to the center of rotation difficult.

I feel the fan outlet, and no real heat up going on. If I turn the wheelbase/motor off then immediately back on again, the stiction/chunking goes away and will not return for about another 20 minutes.

My drivers (CSW v2.5, Pedals V3 Inverted) are fully up to date and calibrations seem to be complete.

Does anyone know why this is happening and/or possibly know a fix?

Comments

• I have the exact same issue with my brand new CSW V2.5. All drivers are fully up to date as well.

• I submitted a support ticket about this issue, as it seems no one from Fanatec replies to posts on this forum..

• I too submitted a support ticket. Fanatec emailed me the latest drivers to install ( the same ones I already had). Didn't help. Now they want me to ship it back to them to repair or replace. Hate to be down for 2+ weeks.

• I have had the exact same experience. I received the Shipping Label Today for the RMA. I really do not want to be without my wheelbase for 2+ weeks either! 🤔

• I got the same issue. Anybody figure it out? Gets so bad I actually have to jerk it to get it unstuck

• Jason RitchieJason Ritchie Member
    edited May 2021

Hi,

I got my CSW2.5 in February and I have recently noticed a notch feeling in the centre either powered up or down.

I read somewhere it might be related to the belt tension causing an indentation in the rubber belt if the wheel is left in the centre position all the time.

I tested this by leaving it overnight at 180 degrees. It seemed OK yesterday so hopefully that was my issue. Try leaving it in different positions each time?

• I don't think it's to do with where I leave the wheel position overnight as I seem to be getting the centre notchy feel half way through a race as well.

I got my CSW in February.

I notice it at the end of a straight at initial turn-in. I have to overcome an intitial notch / bump feel in the wheel at the beginning of turning and it ruins the overall feel when you are trying to drive to the limit.

I have raised a support ticket.

• edited June 2021

Have we gotten an answer to this at all from support? I don't fancy sending my wheel anywhere since I'm in the US and it would take months to get it back.

I can get rid of the notch by swinging the wheel lock to lock when I start to feel it in ATS/ETS. It will return very shortly after the fact. Force feedback enabled or not. It WILL return with a distinct "empty" center, one notch to the right and one notch to the left. This happens when I Calibrate the center at any angle!

I ALSO got mine in February.

(purchased January)