New CSW 2.5 making strange clicking noises when turning right?

Got a brand new CSW 2.5 with the BMW wheel. The sound only occurs when I'm turning the wheel to the right. It's definitely coming from the base and not the steering wheel itself (maybe at the belt?). Any ideas on what I could do to fix it? I've already tried tightening the 5 screws in the base's quick release but that didn't help.

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Varun,

There are bolts inside the wheel-side QR as well, make sure those are also tight.

Sometimes this sound comes from some 'stiction' in the quick release, particularly around the O-ring. Try removing the O-ring from the base shaft and see if the sound continues. If not I suggest that you keep using it for a while, the sound could disappear over time. If it is concerning you, then please create a Support Ticket via the My Products section of your Fanatec account.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Thanks Dominic, taking out the O-ring fixed the issue. Could the lack of the ring cause problems over time?

• I have the same base with same wheel and same problem. I fixed it with safety screw in the QR.