WRC wheel loose on wheelbase

Hello - i purchased a WRC wheel for my CSL elite wheelbase. The wheel moves from side to side on the wheelbase shaft while driving and this also makes clunking noises in use. The Quick release is tightened as per the instructions. I have hand-tightened the allen bolts which fix the Quick release to the back of the wheel (which were a bit loose when i received it) which helped a bit, but i dont want to tighten them anymore for fear of damaging the wheel. The movement is hardly visible to the eye, but very noticeable when driving and also the clunking noises are very off putting. My previous wheel (the CSL elite F1 wheel came with the bundle) was totally solid on the wheelbase and made no noise. Is this a defective unit or is this how these wheels are supposed to perform? I have sent a support query with vids to Fanatec but maybe i will get a quicker response here? Anyone else have this issue and found any solutions? Cheers. C

Comments

• Can I see the video?

• Do you turn the steering wheel left and right, or do you push and pull it?

• Haha! Yes it is a DAS system from last years mercs. I cant video on my phone turning the wheel with 2 hands, you'll have to trust me same noises and movement happens in normal driving.

• Ok so the saga continues. I sent my wrc wheel back to fanatec and got a replacement in the post today. Despite the delay I was happy and mounted the wheel and no looseness or creaking like before. Great! But in the meantime I also got a fanatec handbrake which I was enjoying using on dirt 2.0 ( the only game I play) But now because you have to switch the wheelbase to pc mode (I'm on ps4) to make the wrc wheel work with dirt 2.0 my handbrake no longer work (aggggh) now im left with the option of either using my new wrc wheel with button for handbrake, or switch back to my original formula wheel and use my handbrake. Not great. Has anyone a solution or workaround for this problem. Many thanks. C