Fanatec, will you do anything for the "Wave 1" customers you let down?

It seems I am far from the only customer who fulfilled wave 1 requirements but received no email and no option to pre-order the CSL DD. Meanwhile customers who placed very recent orders (no criticism to them) purely to qualify were able to get one no problem.

Will Fanatec do anything to remedy this situation?

Comments

• Just a suggestion, have you tried signing into your profile prior to viewing the wheel base page?

I was having that issue prior signing in before opening the wheel base page. The website cannot handle much traffic it seems but I was eventually able to get through after about an hour of trying (mostly spent before I realized I needed to sign in)

I received an email but not until 11:40 am CST in USA and that is when I started trying to order.

Constant refreshing is all that I did after reaching the new DD info page.

• I wouldn't be calling Fanatec out like this if I wasn't confident I'd done everything correctly. I have been trying pretty much all day ever since it was posted on reddit, and yes I've been signed into my profile.

• Cody SchwartzCody Schwartz Member
    edited June 2021

I just went to the landing page for steering wheels and the buy page came right up

However I tried to add to cart and I don't think it will allow that since I've already purchased.

• Thanks Cody but I am talking specifically about people who could not even see the CSL DD to pre-order, so I would like to keep this thread on topic for what it's worth.

• Cody SchwartzCody Schwartz Member
    edited June 2021

Can you not see that page currently?

I thought I was in the same boat as anyone else who could not order up until about 3 hours ago.

UPDATE: now I don't see the new base on the wheel base page :/

• No. It has not appeared for me all day.

• edited June 2021

You did say that Fanatec themselves said you were not subscribed to the newsletter, correct? I know you said they told you to sign up again, but you said you heard no response. Not saying they are in the right, but it’s pretty obvious that for whatever reason you were not signed up for the newsletter therefore not in the first wave. Yes, I know it’s messed up.

• The timeline is like this.

March - I place an order an sign up to the newsletter. *I get an email confirming I am signed up to the newsletter.*

Yesterday - I Get concerned as other people are getting emails from Fanatec, about the LE F1 wheel for example but I have nothing. I check my Fanatec account *which says I am subscribed to the newsletter*. I contact Fanatec. I tell them I want to make sure I am in Wave 1 and why am I not getting emails. They say I am not subscribed (which going by their own website is obviously a failure at their end) and that I should subscribe via the website OR the CSL landing page. They advise me the following:

///

It appears that you are not subscribed to our newsletter yet.

You can now subscribe here: https://fanatec.com/eu-en

*OR* here: https://newstandardd.fanatec.com/

///

Remember I have been quite specific that my concern is being in Wave 1. Naturally I sign up to the landing page as that's the product I'm interested in.

• Ok, so your concern is not being in the first wave. Which, unfortunately it seems you were not. You did the newsletter steps yesterday, less than 24 hours before the preorder release. Yes, it sounds like a problem on their end, but it still sounds like they didn’t have you on the “list”.

• So I've been getting the emails about new products such as the F1 limited edition wheel on june 2nd, the CSL DD on april 21st etc, I figured this was the newsletter?

Today I checked my profile and noticed there was no checkmark on the newsletter box, I've signed up (again?) and confirmed at around 14:00

I have a good history of previous purchases, but didn't get an email to be in this 1st wave :(

Please do a 2nd batch of wave 1 qualified customers that were missed due to some misunderstanding before moving on to wave 2 :)

• You can check your account with Fanatec... it shows you all sorts of relevant info for instance if you are subscribed to the news letter. The 1st wave wasn't going to mean that everyone who met the qualifications was going to get it... that's why many people like myself have stayed up last the last 3 nights waiting for the drop after Thomas said it would be "SOMETIME" this week... they didn't do an exact time... because they new the site wouldn't handle it. I don't know what else you wanted them to do for product that is going to super in demand, and most people in the community want.

• You can check your account with Fanatec... it shows you all sorts of relevant info for instance if you are subscribed to the news letter. The 1st wave wasn't going to mean that everyone who met the qualifications was going to get it... that's why many people like myself have stayed up last the last 3 nights waiting for the drop after Thomas said it would be "SOMETIME" this week... they didn't do an exact time... because they new the site wouldn't handle it. I don't know what else you wanted them to do for product that is going to super in demand, and most people in the community want.

• Nathan WongNathan Wong Member
    edited June 2021

I was in the same boat as you, Kevin Smedts. Since I was receiving all their emails I figured it was the newsletter. That's a bummer.

Well, I'll look at it this way, it wasn't meant to be. Hopefully by the time we can actually buy it that the newer DD with 10-15nm will be announced and we can laugh at how we spent hours trying to get the 5-8nm model.

• Jeffrey KingJeffrey King Member
    edited June 2021

This launch was a dumpster fire. Never was able to see the CSL DD available for purchase, even when logged in under my account from two different locations.

• Yeah going by Twitter and Reddit there are a significant number of people who just never got the email, and couldn't see the CSL DD on the site to order it. Would be nice if Fanatec even acknowledged these issues but they've gone completely silent.

• I got the email but it went to a link that said it was no longer available. I logged in to my account from two separate locations and when the wheel base page was up, I could see nothing more than a box where the CSL DD was supposed to be, DD1 and DD2 were present but that's it. No option to purchase or anything.

• It'd be nice if there was a "second" first wave where they would open it up to more people who are now eligible for it. I had order history but was apparently on the wrong fanatec.com newsletter.... ugh. But even now that I'm on the "right" newsletter I still don't see it available on the site. If they could go through the approval process again now that me and I'm sure a bunch of others are eligible, that would go a long way. But as others have said Fanatec are basically silent on all of the issues people were continuing to experience after the site came back online.

• Go ahead and add me to the list of people who met the criteria, but wasn't able to pre-order. Should we start a support group? 🤣

But seriously, it would go such a long way if someone from Fanatec would chime in with at least an update. Hoping for a resolution soon.

• silence

Just super disappointing and confusing and shoddily done.

• edited June 2021

Please try again, it just worked for me in the us.

I just order the csl dd and the pedals

Follow the steps in this video and like it !

I had to suscribe to both newsletter as explained in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzUpRXABBvg

• I wish I could. The CSL DD doesn't even show up on the page for me. I've tried everything people have suggested in threads on this forum and on reddit, but nothing works.

This is all I've been able to see since about 4pm today.

• edited June 2021

• Same here... And i still don't understand, that if i wasnt subscribed for their newsletters, why i received the newsletter from the new F1 rim (and other newsletters in the last 2 years)?

• Kevin SmedtsKevin Smedts Member
    edited June 2021

well now I've managed to see the CSL DD listed on the site, but in another browser-window it's gone again :)

it's listed as open for pre-order, but when I click the link I only get a text that says the product is no longer available.

• Yep, common story.

And I was just reading on a discord someone from my same region just rocking up to the site a couple of hours ago and buying one with no issue whatsoever.

• I've been trying for hours now. Sometimes it shows up in Bases, Sometimes in Bundles but most of the time it's just not there,

I got it into my cart twice and both times it would not go to the checkout and then after awhile was removed from the cart.

This is just terrible.

• Fanatec just sent me this response (which does not address what I sent them AT ALL) to a support ticket about their screw-up.

"We completely understand why you want to part of wave 1 availability. There can be any number of reasons why you didn’t get access, but please rule out that your newsletter didn’t end up in your spam folder. The easiest solution at this point would be for you to sign up to the CSL DD landing page to qualify for wave 2. Just enter your Fanatec account email address at the bottom of the page. https://newstandardd.fanatec.com/

Let’s get you that access you want and deserve!

Best regards "

The same response is being sent to anyone who enquires. They officially don't care.

• BTW I didn't get the "Email" until hours after the orders were filled either. Thomas made a comment about Germanies rules for email spamming or something, and said BEFORE the launch that please be aware you may not get the email until after the window to order opens due to those laws. IDK what those laws are, he didn't say, but that is likely why many didn't get the email until after pre-orders were basically gone.

• If I would have waited for the newsletter, I would have missed out badly like many others. I just happened to read a post by Boosted media's Will Ford saying that pre-orders had already started. But after logging into my Fanatec account I couldn't find the CSL DD anywhere where you'd normally look (configurator, wheelbases category, bundles). But all the way down (I was on my smartphone) I found the CSL Series, after refreshing a couple of times. That's where it was 'hidden'. Eventually I did receive the newsletter, but too late anyway.

So yes, I was lucky but Fanatec deserves no bouquets for this debacle.

Good luck with the next waves!