Maintenance on pedals.

edited June 2021 in Pedals

Hi guys/women,

I have been using my csp set for a while now and worked fine for a really long time. Now over the last few years they have gotten much more use and last week the brake and throttle felt a little scratchy. So i wanted to service them it seems a pu replacement will be hard to find so would the break performance kit be a suitable replacement? Anyone got any better suggestion please let me know. regarding lubing the pedals shafts I have read a ton of suggestions but is there any real guidance from Fanatec itself? Because I don't want to damage the bore itself. Otherwise would mos2 grease be a good solution? I got it at home and seems to be suggested by others.

Thanks for your time and any help/response.

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Olvi,

You can use WD40 or similar for the joints/hinges, but take care not to get this anywhere near the brake preload cylinder which contains the PU foam.

You can go for the BPK upgrade, but if your PU foam is worn out, you can also create a support ticket my the My Products section of your Fanatec account and the team should be able to help you with that.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer my question. Yet I think I might not have stated my question clear enough. My main concern is about the brake and throttle not the hinges on them just the rod used to mount the springs/pressure the load cell (or piezo idk). Since it would be metal against metal if not lubed correctly. I personally think wd40 might be to volatile for this and isn't compatible with the pu foam also reiterated in your answer.

Thanks for the help so far, just not completely sure what to use in those place.

• As far as any necessary lubrication for my CSP v1's, I've always used a few drops of Super Lube (silicone-based oil). I'm not entirely sure what you mean by your pedals starting to feel "scratchy", but a few drops on the pedal shafts and any joints has gotten rid of any chirping or squeaking that I've ever come across, and I've been using mine for the better part of ten years now.

• Superlube and WD40 have their place but neither are heavy or persistent enough to lubricate the rod. You need grease - the pedals come with a small bottle of lithium grease that is ideal. You don't need much - just enough to leave a light film. Clean it off (with WD40) periodically - every 6 months to a year and reapply.

• Grab yourself a container of red lithium grease from an auto parts shop. Will last you forever, and is compatible with almost every material.