McLaren GT3 V2 on Xbox - which inputs will work, which ones won't?

I recently took shipment of a McLaren GT3 V2, and am undergoing the painfully long wait for my CSL DD. I have no compatible wheelbase in the meantime to use the wheel with, so I thought I'd come here to ask a few questions.

I've learned that Xbox compatibility with Fanatec wheels is less-than-optimal, as many of the features enjoyed by PC and PS4/5 users don't work simply because of the console I've chosen to play on. (That's a whole other discussion that needs to be had, but I digress.)

Anyway, I was hoping someone who currently has this wheel and also plays on Xbox, could tell me exactly which features do or don't work, so I'll have a better idea of what to anticipate. I've copy/ pasted the relevant features from the product description below:

• Clutch bite-point mode (standard/advanced)
  • Clutch/handbrake mode
  • Brake/throttle mode (allows driving without pedals connected)
  • Mappable axis mode
  • 1”, 128 x 64 resolution OLED display (white)
  • Two 2-way toggle switches
  • Multi-Position Switches: two 12-position switches, configurable as endless rotary encoders
  • 7-way FunkySwitch™: left, right, up, and down directional inputs, push button, and rotary encoder functionality
  • Two high-bezel snap-dome buttons with laser-engraved P and N lettering. Identical resistance to the buttons on the real wheel
  • Seven standard buttons with exchangeable button caps
  • Tuning Menu button for instant access to force feedback and other Fanatec hardware adjustments

If someone could just run through with a quick yes/no for each bullet point, that would be really helpful and most appreciated.

Comments

• Cheers for that. So if I'm reading that correctly, it looks like the only things that won't work at all on Xbox are the rotary encoders? Disappointing, but...that's actually better news than I expected. It looks like everything else should work more or less as advertised, depending on the game of course?

Do you (or does anyone else) know if any of those input assignments can be remapped using the Accessories menu in the Xbox Devices & Connections menu?

• edited July 2021

Greegg, that not right. On it work only base xbox buttons (A, B, X, Y) + N and P as pause. Encoders not working, all other switchers duplcate base buttons and can't be remapped.

Analogue paddles can be used only for clutch. No looking left/right on race, no handbrake. Display not working.

I'm don't check how it works with Accessories menu. If it important for you, I can check it later.

I'm answer point by point.

• Clutch bite-point mode (standard/advanced) — yes,
    • Clutch/handbrake mode — only clutch
    • Brake/throttle mode (allows driving without pedals connected) — not check
    • Mappable axis mode — no
    • 1”, 128 x 64 resolution OLED display (white) — no
    • Two 2-way toggle switches — no
    • Multi-Position Switches: two 12-position switches, configurable as endless rotary encoders — no
    • 7-way FunkySwitch™: left, right, up, and down directional inputs, push button, and rotary encoder functionality — as D-pad
    • Two high-bezel snap-dome buttons with laser-engraved P and N lettering. Identical resistance to the buttons on the real wheel — as menu and view buttons (not remapable)
    • Seven standard buttons with exchangeable button caps — yes
    • Tuning Menu button for instant access to force feedback and other Fanatec hardware adjustments — yes (as I know it platform independent)

• Thanks Viktor. So if i understand correctly, the limitations are as follows:

* rotary dials won't work at all

* toggle switches are both duplicates of LT/RT (useful for menu navigation, but not much else)

* analog paddles only ever operate as a clutch. (Does this mean both L and R paddles have the same function? So essentially the paddles are in clutch/ handbrake mode, but they both operate as a clutch, and neither one as a handbrake?) Does this mean that the setting for the encoder that controls the mode of the analog paddles is irrelevant? i.e. there is no way possible on xbox to have the analog paddles operate as anything other than a standard clutch? So no clutch bite point mode, no brake/ throttle mode, and no mappable axis mode?

* LED display doesn't work. I assume this means that it doesn't display any telemetry information while racing (RPM, selected gear, etc.)? I'm assuming it will still work to display tuning menu functions?

I also have a question about the funkyswitch. Does that just work like a standard d-pad while in game? I assume I won't be able to map anything to clicking of the stick or to rotating the knob?

• Yes, analog paddles works only as Clutch, you hold left, release right and after it release left. Left paddle duplicate clutch pedal. You can use bite mode. Encoder switch paddles behavior, but xbox don't allow to use it. I'm check it in Forza Motorsport 7, Pcars2, Assetto Corsa, Assetto Corsa Competizione.

You can map axis mode. When I plan to buy it, I hope that can use it for looking around, but not.

LED - allow you to control wheel settings, switch profiles, change FFB, etc. Just don't display any telemetry.

Funky switch working as d-pad only. No support central click and rotate.

• Ok, thanks for the information Viktor.

It's disappointing that these devices aren't supported with better Xbox functionality, especially when we're paying the same price as everyone else, yet getting less for our money.

• Welcome to Fanatec :) In this forum exist at least 3 topic about supporting additional features on xbox. But fanatec not reply nowhere.