Do I have to use the PU foam with BPK?

Title.

I installed the BPK on my V3 pedals earlier and realized I only used 2 of the coloured rubber pieces and not the third foam insert. I snuggled up the preload spring to compensate for the additional travel and as far as use feels completely fine as is.

It is a huge pain to get the pedals off my rig to change it again so I’m wondering if there will be any downside in leaving it as is? Or will I break something if I don’t take it all apart again and add the PU foam piece?

TIA!

Comments

• If you can live with a less progressive pedal you are all good. Nothing will break.

• I thought the whole point of the BPK was to eliminate as much "loose travel" as possible :P

In fact when you install it the manual even says that now the pre-load adjuster only exists to take all slack out of the system.

I popped in the large 12 and 13 combination, set her up with no slack, and the brake feels great (for me)

• You do you, if you are happy everyone is happy.

The main point of the BPK is not to eliminate loose travel though - its to reduce pedal travel and provide a higher max pressure capability. If you have adjusted the pedals correctly either with or without the BPK there should be no "loose travel".

Btw reduced travel is not the same as eliminate loose travel. If you can't work that out for yourself I'd be happy to explain.