Fanatec Driver 410 for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)
Changelog since driver 402
- New driver UI for CSL DD and Podium wheel bases. Will be rolled out for more wheel bases later. The old UI can still be accessed through the "USB-Gamecontroller" overview of windows.
- Fixed Tuning Menu tab showing tool tip of APM setting even with no APM attached.
- Correct wheel base is now displayed even when in Compatibility Mode.
- Removed option to choose wheel base when Podium DD is in Comp V2.5 mode (no longer required due to improved detection).
- Changed Tuning Menu setting LIN ON/OFF to FFS LIN/PEAK (Force Feedback Scaling).
- Fixed button at the end of shifter calibration being incorrect.
- Fixed issue where updater would erase existing flash even when FW could not load correctly for flashing.
- Option to save Tuning Menu settings during firmware update is now hidden instead of grayed out if base doesn't support this function.
- Added text "No update required" for steering wheels that are not firmware-updatable.
- Text correction for description of Podium DD motor sensor calibration.
- Fixed steering angle not being linear after a firmware update.
- Fixed issue where a combination of Formula V2, H-pattern shifter, and second shifter could lead to an inverted shifter input.
- While in BRF setting the LEDs now flash when 100% brake input is reached.
- Fixed constant vibration noise of the motor which could give a grainy feeling and be audible which results in a smoother feeling.
- Fixed damper effect from games being rough and noisy, for example in AC when car is standing still.
- The 'Damper' effect modifier (DPR) is now scaled differently and is able to be stronger. Depending on how a game uses this damper, it might feel too strong for some users, but this can be easily adjusted with the DPR setting in the Advanced Mode of the Tuning Menu.
- Fixed BRF setting not being adjustable in single steps with D-Pad up/down.
- Fixed BLI setting shown as "oFF" instead of "OFF".
- Fixed wrong FFS setting values on 7-segment displays.
- Improved rotation during boot up which is now smoother and less rapid.
- Renamed Tuning Menu setting LIN to FFS (Force Feedback Scaling). ON -> LIN and OFF -> Peak.
- Fixed Thumb Encoders being unresponsive on PS4.
Button Module Endurance
- Fixed Xbox Guide button short press not working and leading to long press function.
- Fixed 2-way toggle switches not working on PS4.
- Fixed cosmetic issues where BME Tuning Menu differed from Podium DD display.
- Fixed BME showing high-torque message when attached to CSL DD.
Universal Hub + APM
- Fixed upper APM paddles not working on PS4.
CSP V3 & CSL EP LCK
- Improvements to the pedal type detection when connected to the wheel base
Firmware versions included
- CSL DD: 126.96.36.199 (NEW)
- CSL DD Motor: 188.8.131.52 (NEW)
- CSL DD WQR: 184.108.40.206
- CSW V1 Base: 686 (NEW)
- CSW V2 Base: 686 (NEW)
- CSW V2.5 Base: 686 (NEW)
- CSL E Base: 686 (NEW)
- CSL E Base PS4: 686 (NEW)
- DD1 / DD2 Base: 686 (NEW)
- CSL/CSW Motor: 22
- DD1 Motor: 40
- DD2 Motor: 40
- SW McLaren: 32
- SW McLaren V2: 41 (NEW)
- Formula V2: 41 (NEW)
- Podium HUB: 6 (NEW)
- Podium BME: 18 (NEW)
- CSL SW WRC: 3 (NEW)
- CSL UH: 3 (NEW)
- CSP V3: 1.32 (NEW)
- CSL EP LCK: 1.10 (NEW)
- Podium wheel base jolts can happen on ITM or analysis screens of the base display. A workaround is to use the default screen with “Fanatec” logo while driving. We are working on a fix which involves an extensive re-write of the Podium DD firmware.
- In some cases after all firmware updates are complete, the wheel might ask for another centre calibration which can be performed either via the driver UI or the button combination of the connected wheel which is mentioned in its Quick Guide.
- New UI doesn't yet remember if a different product picture was chosen by the user and reverts back to default when opened again.
- The CSL DD power button pulses when opening the UI which doesn't affect functionality.
- The CSL DD power button colour can appear different during the mode change but will be correct after the mode is completely changed. Does not affect functionality.
- New UI appearance requires further refinements, coming soon.
- Some people report that using 918 or BMW steering wheel won't allow full torque on the PDD while for others its working fine, we are investigating.
- For some users a firmware update doesn't start which seems to be PC dependent as its working with a different PC on another try. We are gathering feedback, log files and are investigating.
Newer version available here: https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/23717/fanatec-driver-411-for-csl-csw-and-podium-wb-all-wheels/p1
Compatible FanaLab Version:
How to report issues:
If you report a driver or firmware issue, please make cross checks:
- Update driver and FW separately to isolate an issue and find out if its caused by driver OR firmware.
- Which driver OR firmware does show the issue
- Which driver OR firmware does not show the issue
- Check if you can reproduce the issue again if you go back to the version which seems to have cause the issue
- Post the answers gathered from the questions above + a short description of the issue including the following information:
- Wheel Base Model (product ID): ...
- Steering Wheel Model (product ID): ....
- Driver Version: ....
- Base FW Version: ....
- Motor FW Version: ....
- Wheel FW Version: ....
- FanaLab Version: ....
- With driver related issues collect log files and zip them from C:\Users\Public\Fanatec Logs