DD2 disconnects mid race

I'm using a DD2 paired with the F1 2021 formula wheel only on iracing. I've been using it for a couple weeks, usually with no issues, but 3 or 4 times the wheel has lost connection during a session. There is no pattern that i've noticed, it will just randomly shut down. When i go into Fanalab, it recognizes the DD2 but the formula rim doesn't show up. Not after refreshing or removing and reinstalling on the base. If I try to go into the settings on the game control properties page, it freezes (not responding). The only thing that gets everything working again is a system restart. I have the latest drivers and firmware installed.

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Tyler,

There might be a physical connection issue between wheel and base. Check that all the bolts on the inside of the quick release (both base side and wheel side) are tight. If the problem persists, please contact support by creating a Support Ticket via the My Products section of your Fanatec account, or you can try the Live Chat feature, open Monday to Friday, 8 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 4 p.m. (CEST). Live Chat is active whenever you see the headset icon on the site:

[Fanatec Community Manager]