Fanatec Driver 412 (previously 411) for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)

Comments

• Today the same thing happened to me.
    I did a daily test of the 8-sector dirt rally 2.0 (long stage) because when I reached the 6th or 7th sector, my CSW2.5 and my XboxHub lost strength for about 5 seconds and then came back.
    It was my first race of the day so my base was on about 10-15min when I lost FF. It only happens to me in Dirt rally 2.0

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

Does it happen in a specific direction of steering or at an specific angle? Maybe the cable to the quick release which is getting twisted back and forth when steering has a problem and sometimes looses connection. When it looses connection the base briefly thinks there is no wheel attached anymore and cuts FFB.

• I'm having the same issue with my DD1 with my BMW GT2 wheel, where it will only allow Low Torque mode. I'm on the latest 412 driver. Any fix for this?

• Whenever I press on of these options (yellow circle) the program is crashing

event 1026, .NET Runtime text

Application: FanatecControlPanel.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.Exception
       at System.Windows.StaticResourceExtension.ProvideValueInternal(System.IServiceProvider, Boolean)
       at System.Windows.StaticResourceExtension.ProvideValue(System.IServiceProvider)
       at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.CallProvideValue(System.Windows.Markup.MarkupExtension, System.IServiceProvider)

Exception Info: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException
       at System.Windows.FrameworkTemplate.LoadTemplateXaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriter)
       at System.Windows.FrameworkTemplate.LoadTemplateXaml(System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriter)
       at System.Windows.FrameworkTemplate.LoadOptimizedTemplateContent(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.Markup.IComponentConnector, System.Windows.Markup.IStyleConnector, System.Collections.Generic.List`1<System.Windows.DependencyObject>, System.Windows.UncommonField`1<System.Collections.Hashtable>)
       at System.Windows.FrameworkTemplate.LoadContent(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Collections.Generic.List`1<System.Windows.DependencyObject>)
       at System.Windows.StyleHelper.ApplyTemplateContent(System.Windows.UncommonField`1<System.Collections.Specialized.HybridDictionary[]>, System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.FrameworkElementFactory, Int32, System.Collections.Specialized.HybridDictionary, System.Windows.FrameworkTemplate)
       at System.Windows.FrameworkTemplate.ApplyTemplateContent(System.Windows.UncommonField`1<System.Collections.Specialized.HybridDictionary[]>, System.Windows.FrameworkElement)
       at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.ApplyTemplate()
       at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.MeasureCore(System.Windows.Size)
       at System.Windows.UIElement.Measure(System.Windows.Size)
       at System.Windows.Controls.Grid.MeasureCell(Int32, Boolean)
       at System.Windows.Controls.Grid.MeasureCellsGroup(Int32, System.Windows.Size, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean ByRef)
       at System.Windows.Controls.Grid.MeasureCellsGroup(Int32, System.Windows.Size, Boolean, Boolean)
       at System.Windows.Controls.Grid.MeasureOverride(System.Windows.Size)
       at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.MeasureCore(System.Windows.Size)
       at System.Windows.UIElement.Measure(System.Windows.Size)
       at System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.UpdateLayout()
       at System.Windows.UIElement.UpdateLayout()
       at System.Windows.Controls.ItemsControl.MakeVisible(System.Windows.FrameworkElement, System.Windows.Input.FocusNavigationDirection, Boolean)
       at System.Windows.Controls.ItemsControl.MakeVisible(Int32, System.Windows.Input.FocusNavigationDirection, Boolean, System.Windows.FrameworkElement ByRef)
       at System.Windows.Controls.ItemsControl.NavigateToItem(System.Object, Int32, ItemNavigateArgs, Boolean)
       at System.Windows.Controls.ComboBox+<>c.<OnIsDropDownOpenChanged>b__20_1(System.Object)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
       at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
       at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
       at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
       at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
       at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
       at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
       at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
       at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
       at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
       at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
       at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
       at FanatecControlPanel.App.Main()

• guys don't send me the inquiry form how should i solve

• Same here, but on DD2 and 412.

Checked through all my Wheels:

CSW RBMW - Low Torque (ClubSport Steering Wheel BMW M3 GT2 EU)

CSW RUH - High Torque (ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub EU)

CSW_RR918 - High Torque (ClubSport Steering Wheel Porsche 918 RSR)

CSW RFORM- High Torque (ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula Carbon EU)

Mostly using the uHUB and 918 wheels at the moment, so I'll stick with 412.

Regards

Kenneth

• ok guys i solved i disconnected both the pedal board and the key and the dd1 is turned on now i would like to understand how to switch from firmware 686 to 684

• edited September 2021

Did a quick forum search and I didnt see this reported, so hopefully im not reporting a known issue but here are problems I am having after the firmware/driver updates:

(My Fanatec setup - DD1, CSL v3 Pedals with Performance Kit, 7 Speed/Sequential Shifter, v1.5 Handbrake, 911 GT3R Podium Wheel, 2018 F1 wheel with Podium Paddle upgrade)

1. Since updating the Firmware and Drivers to all the latest, including the quick updates you made afterward, my CSL V3 Pedals no longer vibrate. When I click on the test button in the Fanatec Control Panel for the throttle or brake, nothing happens. Everything else works. If I go through the incredibly annoying process of plugging my pedals in directly to the PC via USB rather than through my DD1, they vibrate. (Yes they have been updated to the latest Firmware.)
    2. I have to open up the Fanatec Control Panel every time I load iRacing for the first time after a reboot, otherwise my Sequential Shifter wont work. I have to toggle the button to Map them to the same keybind as my Podium Paddle Shifters.
    3. I'd rather not have to have Fanalab running in the background to get the above problems working, seeing as how all these configuration settings are saved directly in the Wheelbase. For the record, I am currently NOT running Fanalab in the background while iRacing.
    4. Not sure if this is due to firmware/drivers or not, but I literally JUST started using my Fanatec v1.5 Handbrake for the first time since I bought it and installed it. With literally less than probably 100 pulls on the lever in it's entire lifetime, the cable refused to work when connected directly to my DD1 wheel base.

*Due to the super-crappy placement of the box you connect the cables to on your CSL v3 Pedals, which is hidden on the bottom. in a spot that you can't possibly get to once your Pedals are installed in a cockpit, I had to spend a good hour taking them off, just to unplug the stupid telephone cable for my handbrake and then reinstall my pedals back into my cockpit - while trying to get everything back to the exact spot I'm used to. After that unnecessary nightmare caused by poor design on Fanatec's part IMHO, I used a new Fanatec USB Adapter that I never needed prior.

Once I plugged that Handbrake into my pc via the USB adapter, and set it to Handbrake mode, everything works perfectly.

One more thing id like to mention is that while fixing my basically BRAND NEW HANDBRAKE, I noticed the linkage felt sloppy. So I took the cover off to find out that literally NONE of the interior bolts were tightened down properly by the factory. That allowed the linkage bolt to bend, caused the goofy and super poorly thought-out use of a headphone connection as your output to be loose enough to swivel up and down probably 30 degrees, which causes the signal to drop in and out and caused permanent damage. Literally, I can't see how this Handbrake made it through QC... yet it did because I had to remove that QC sticker you put over the bolt, in order to fix the crap the QC person missed.

I sure hope the remaining $3,000 worth of Fanatec products I bought weren't built this carelessly.

I now have to have the cable plugged into my Handbrake JUST SO, or the signal cuts out - JUST LIKE CRAPPY HEADPHONES AND THE INCREDIBLY COMMON PROBLEM THEY HAD WITH THIS CRAP CONNECTION DESIGN THAT I CAN'T FATHOM WHY FANATEC CHOSE TO USE. Id try to go through the RMA process with you guys, but I've heard that's a nightmare as well. :(

• Please do NOT change this back. The previous was so transparent as to disappear in my taskbar. I can finally see it clearly for the first time.

• It is an ugly white box with an F in it. It looks like it comes straight from the 90s.

Fanatec can make an outline or something to let it pop more, or at least give me the choise in the installprocess, but this white box is.... 🤢

And yes i know i can change it by myself but i have to make a new desktop shortcut because, for whatever reason, the option is greyed out in the shortcut created from the installer. It's unessary complicated.

• I'm also happy about the new logo and can finally see it clearly in the taskbar. It's not an important innovation, but a positive one for me.

• Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, fair enough lol. Yes I do have a CSL Elite lol. DD2 in my near future 🤩

• Any news or ETA on support for CSW 2.5 and pedals via USB for the new UI?

• Any update on this? I've also had this issue with 411 and 412. No issues on 410.

• Any Chance to store a Name to the five sets in the new driver menu and probably get more storage than those five sets?

• Probably an idea for the future.

• hi,

constant blue light (one quarter)

ClubSport Wheel V2.5 Base detected Device connected Failed to load default firmware file [-4]

• Man why don't you buy a Logitech instead? All you do is complain complain complain... It seems you're not looking for a solution just a place to cry and whining...

As for the handbrake, maybe you had bad luck, mine is perfect and instead of doing what you did, you should had contacted support.

As for the pedals, and that's where you completely lost me, why do you have to take them out of cockpit to plug/unplug? You just have to remove 3 screws from the heel plate and you have all the access you need, maybe you should try to read manual first since you can't get it for yourself...

• Make 73Make 73 Member
    edited September 2021

@Marcel Pfister any news to tell about adding possibility manually calibrate also handbrake axis when connected directly to base or with USB-adapter to PC ?

• Are we suppose to update the base firmware without the wheel or you can do that with the wheel on?

Thanks.

...PC user

• Doesnt matter.. You can always update firmwares with wheels attached.

• Hi All,

unable to update my Clubsport Wheelbase v.25 to the newest Firmware v.686 (currently on V.474, Motor Firmware 22)

Already unplugged my pedals and just have the wheelbase plugged in for the update. I can only get into the new UI without the wheelbase connected via USB.

If the wheelbase is connected it opens up the old device manager window and guides me to the new UI firmware update manager window. In that window no matter if I select auto update with the green button or manually select the wheelbase the screen freezes.

Any help on how to resolve this and update my wheelbase? (Do I have to use an older driver, if so which one?)

Reason for Update - F1 2021 with excessive force feedback at higher speeds on straights

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

• +1 For this.. Updated drivers and firmware on Friday after using my BMW GT2 rim on Thursday, used my Mclaren rim on Saturday night with no problem, then come to use the BMW rim on Sunday evening and can only get low torque mode.

• Hi,

Today I got a virus alert from G-Data antivirus:

Vírus: Gen:Variant.Bulz.711101 (A Motor)

File: PodiumrFactorPlugin.dll

Folder: D:\Program Files (x86)\Fanatec\FanaLab\Control\plugin

🤔

1. uninstall currently installed driver
    2. install driver 402
    3. flash firmware versions manually

I'm sorry you are having these issues.

1. We'll check the pedal vibration, if the issue started with pedal firmware 1.32 you can revert to 1.30 by doing a manual update and using the three dots to browse a file. 1.30 is in the folder which the updater first suggests to take the file from
    2. We'll also check the issue that map sequential shifter to paddles isn't saved after doing a PC restart.
    3. Sorry for the handbrake problems, good idea to contact our support right away. Support response and return time isn't that bad right now as it was in early covid months where we got overwhelmed out of a sudden.
This discussion has been closed.